Friday, January 25, 2008

Perfect Day

I am lovin this beautiful January weather! We spent MLK day at the Riparian preserve where we packed a picnic, played at the park, rode our bikes on the trail and dug up dinosaur bones. It was a perfect day, except when the entire Girl Scout troop came and took over. The kids were peacefully digging up the bones with the shovels and brushes that we brought from home when their was this massive invasion of the Daisy troop. They came in and literally took all of the shovels out of my kids hands until they were left with nothing. Kylie was speechless and Jayden started crying. You would think one of the twenty moms that were there would say something, but no. The only thing the moms did was organize a "sharing train" with OUR shovels where after 5 minutes they had to pass a shovel to the girl next to them. Normally I am all about sharing the sand toys and have no problem if other kids play with them, but when they don't even ask and my kids are sitting on the sidelines crying because they took every single one of their toys, then I am a bit bugged. I couldn't exactly leave and come back after they were gone since they had all of our toys and my kids didn't want to play after they got yelled at by daisy scout #12, so we just sat and watched for a half hour. I was bugged. Sorry for that little vent session. Since when did I let plastic shovels get me all worked up? Well, besides that, it was a perfect day.

13 comments:

Jodee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodee said...

Sorry, that was me! Anyway, what I wanted to say was those are some adorable pictures! I think little 'no smile Jayden' has turned into quite the little poser! I am glad you had a fun day despite the sand trauma! I would be bugged too!

Janessa said...

You sat there for 1/2 an hour with sad kids and just watched?! Come on Jame. Put them in their place! I know, it's easy for me to sit here and say that's what I'd do. Glad you had a great time otherwise. I'm jealous of the sunny weather. Awesome pictures! Your kids are so darn cute!!!

Marisa said...

What darling pictures!!! i also would've been ticked!

Heidi Ann said...

What a good mommy you are! Aren't we lucky to be able to enjoy our winter weather? I guess we have to enjoy it because our summers are...well...hell!

Angie Whitman said...

What's up with you and nature? Your kids must be in heaven getting to do all this fun stuff!
And, I have to say I loved reading your music flashbacks...Its strange how powerful certain songs bring back memories and feelings! Great post!

The Morris Fam said...

Well it may not have turned out as great as you wanted, but you did manage to get some amazingly adorable pictures! SO CUTE! I would've been more than annoyed if kids took ALL my kids toys that they were actually playing with. It's one thing to have them play WITH your kids... but a complete other to steal their toys and make your life a nightmare. I would've done some major hinting of my annoyance!

Michelle Y. said...

I love that park, I have forgot about it since we moved. Seeing those pictures makes me want to take my boys there soon, my boys would love to dig up dinosaur bones. I just hope we don't bump into any darn girl scouts!

Suni said...

Your kids are so CUTE...you can tell they are best buddies! Where is that park at? Okay what is up with that when kids just take over your toys and moms allow it....that drives me crazy, especially when you have kids crying!

Chelsea said...

awww yes... a pretty little pea coat..just one of the many reasons I want a girl!! What a fun day, I can't believe the girl scouts, but more disturbing, their leaders!? what the heck?

Brooklyn said...

Jamie, sounds like an amazing day, minus daisy troop. Some mothers are so cluless. I would have been HEATED! Okay can I just say, little Kylie in her pea coat and matching headband is too precious for me to handle! I WANT A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the pics.

Alisa Larson said...

Okay, you're kids are so dang cute. I love how that first picture they look so happy together.....I long for THAT day! And I'm jealous of Kylie's coat - I've always wanted a pea coat...

Crystal said...

Okay, I SO would have taken my toys and gone home, maybe kicked up a little sand into someone eyes on the way out. So rude!