Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Pajama Party!!


I decided to let Kylie have a little girl party the last weekend before school started and it was so much fun. It was kind of a last minute thing (okay, really a last minute thing) as I called the moms at 9:00 the night before, but we ended up with 6 of her little friends from school, church and the neighborhood that were able to come. They all wore their pajamas, ate pizza, painted nails, danced and sang every word to the High School Musical 2 soundtrack and Hannah Montana CD (Jayden even got in on the girly fun), and finally settled down and ate popcorn while watching the Barbie Island Princess movie before their parents came and picked them up. There was a lot of screaming,
a lot of giggling and a lot of fun!

Forever ago when we were at Barnes and Noble, Kylie saw these dragonflys made out of chocolate dipped pretzels so I promised her that we would make them the next time we had a party. I spent all afternoon making all different colors of chocolate and dipping pretzels, only to find that they really didn't like eating them. They preferred the purple caramel popcorn that I made, even though I thought that it turned out rather questionable. I tried substituting maple syrup since I was out of corn syrup. Yeah, I wouldn't suggest it. I guess their refined taste buds must not be developed because they sure ate it up.

These are Kylie's two best friends from school. They are the cutest girls and I'm so glad they have become so close. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they will be in the same class next year.

15 comments:

Michelle Y. said...

Aww, I want a daughter :)

Janessa said...

You get super mom of the year award. I'm so impressed with the detailed snacks you made even. It looks like Kylie had a blast. I wish we were close enough to join in on the party. So fun!!!

Jodee said...

Very cute. I love the treat ideas too. I think you should post the recipes on the blog! Cute pictures, I am sure Kylie will remember that for a long time!

Chelsea said...

I second that Michelle, how FUN!! See you just cant really do that with boys! Maybe someday... what a good mom you are.

foreveryoung said...

Yes, girls are definately fun! I was feeling guilty and thought I should do a party for Jayden, but I don't know what I would do--come play trains for 3 hrs??? And there's really not a recipe, just dip the long pretzel rods in melted chocolate then dip 2 regular pretzels and attach. We put different sprinkles on them and mini m&m's for the eyes. I used white chocolate and just added food coloring to make purple, pink and blue.

Unknown said...

Im in trouble. I have lots of pictures of my first three girls throwing slumbers parties and then we incorporated the no-over nighter rule and I'll be paying heck for it with the last three. I guess I could make all the kids where jammies to our "late night" parties and take pictures and then invite them to breakfast wearing jammies (again, for the pictures) Nothing like tons of pink PJ's, its pretty much my life.

Would you give Chelsea my email, just in case she wants to invite me on her blog (tell her I dont tell bishop ANYTHING on the blog:-)

foreveryoung said...

yeah, it was just a "late night" party, not a sleepover. I'm still not sure if I'm going to let my kids do sleepovers at all. I'll give Chelsea your email and your comment made me laugh!

The Morris Fam said...

You make me so excited to have a girl. What a cute and fun idea... I can't wait!!!

Brooklyn said...

WOW! I Have missed a lot! 1) I LOVE those book ends from Mr. Dave. What a sweet man. 2) The bathroom looks wonderful, go JASON! 3) love the pics from the park and 4) Your the best momma ever! Those pretzels, the pj party, everything is so cute. and it looks like a blast!!!!

Cindy said...

Looks like you've been having fun. the girl party looks so exciting!! What a great mom you are!

Jodee said...

Love the dots Jame, very cute!

Janessa said...

Ooo! I love the new look! Are your kids back in school, or what? Look at all this blog time you have now:)

Angie Whitman said...

Man, you are one fun mom!
I was wondering if you were crazy at first having so many 6 year olds over to spend the night, but then I kept reading...phew! I almost got anxiety for you. Such a good idea, my girls would love that!

Rohm Family said...

oh this is the cutest, i love all the cute PJ's- so do people not do sleepovers anymore? I haven't heard much about "late nights" none of my neighbors have kids older than 4 :)- isn't that so funny!

Suni said...

Looks like a fun partay! I love the dragonfly pretzels...how cute is that! You are such a fun mom!