Sunday, January 06, 2008

During the Break....

I don't remember the last time that we all got to hang out with just our family for a whole week with nothing to do. Usually when Jason has time off from work we plan a trip or something, but I seriously loved every minute of just hanging out during Christmas break at our own house playing with the kids. We stayed up way too late every night and slept in way too long every morning. I felt so lazy, but I'll tell you what--being lazy never felt so good! We filled the time with bike rides, picnics, going to the movies, Peter Pipers, movie and pizza parties, game nights with popcorn and hot chocolate and playing baseball at the park (I love the look on Jayden's face in the picture, he takes his batting very seriously). I also have to give Jason props because that guy keeps going and going and going....I took full advantage of my "vacaction" and hardly cooked or cleaned the entire break, but Jason was so good to spend some time during the break getting some projects done. We've had the materials to put bead board up in the kids bathroom for like a year now but we've never gotten around to doing it. I had convinced Jason that it would only take us a couple of hours to get it up. Even though he knew that it would take longer, he was still nice and gave in. Sure enough, 2 DAYS and 2 Home Depot trips later it finally gets done. Don't let that small amount of wall space fool you, I think that behind the toilet and the rounded corner behind the door put a little strain on our marriage :) But atleast it's all done and I love the way it turned out, thanks hon! He also put together a shed and finished some little projects that were driving me crazy, like fixing broken valances on the blinds, changing light bulbs, fixing baseboards, hanging pictures and shelves, etc. How was I lucky enough to get such a great handy man? (P.S. Honey, please do not let anything happen to you because for the life of me I can not work your drill, let alone hang a shelf straight!)

8 comments:

Jodee said...

It looks beautiful! Well done guys! And I am so glad that you enjoyed your break to its fullest. You are such a great mom and you deserve a good break now and then! I am glad you took advantage of it! Miss you!

Jodee said...

ps, is Kylie's red coat from Justice? If so, madison has the same one!

foreveryoung said...

No, we're not as hip as you guys :)I didn't know that store had size 5T. I love that we always dress our girls the same--a true sign of bosom buddies, ha! ha!

Michelle Y. said...

Thank heavens for handy husbands. I lucked out in that department too. Craig hangs shelves perfectly and I love it. The beadboard is such a pain but so worth it, it looks amazing .

Janessa said...

I LOVE the beadboard! I'm glad your marriage survived the project. I'm so glad you guys had such a fun and relaxing break. Your hair looks cute in that picture. I can't tell if you got it cut or if it's just the picture. It's very cute though (as always). I do love Jayden's face in the baseball picture.

Chelsea said...

That project would have done us in! j/k lets just say I love Jer but 'handyman' is not his strong point, & that is so me thinking 'it will only take a couple hours!' The rug looks PERFECT in there!

Kathi said...

the bathroom turned out too cute! Glad you had a great break with your fam, that is the best!

Suni said...

I love your bathroom...is Jason up for hire? Great job!!