Saturday, January 12, 2008

My New Idol/Obsession

Okay, so my friend Chelsea was telling me about this recipe blog that she came across called "the pioneer woman". I thought the same thing that all of you are thinking, "great, yet another recipe for funeral potatoes" But oh no, it's not what you think (she's not even Mormon). I checked it out and I was hooked. Not only is this girl an amazing chef, outstanding photographer, but she is also an unbelievable writer. There's a link on her recipe site to her personal blog and Chelsea and I have been obsessed, to say the least. She's writing about her love story with her husband "Marlboro Man" and we have both neglected our motherly duties and been up until the wee hours of the morning reading this story. It's one of the best novels I've read in a long time :). Anyways, I thought that I would pass on the site just incase any of you have nothing better to do at 1:00 am. Here's the link to the love story, but the rest of her blog is amazing too (and don't forget to check out her recipe blog, it's on my links list)

http://thepioneerwoman.com/black_heels_to_tractor_wheels_a_love_story

12 comments:

Rachel said...

well look at your fancy shmancy new blog! I will have to check out the pioneer woman.

Chelsea said...

let the other obsessions begin! I'm so glad I am caught up on it!! Yay for Marlboro Man!!

Janessa said...

I took a sneak peak and I'm lovin' it. I can't wait to read more. Thanks for passing the link a long!

Jodee said...

I love her! I too have stayed up many late nights reading her blogs. She is an inpiration! I guess I just never shared because I was too ashamed of my crazed obsession- I am glad I am not alone anymore!

foreveryoung said...

Are you saying I have a crazed obsession?? Okay, I guess I already admitted that, but doesn't it make you want to move to a ranch? Or atleast just buy your husband some chaps to lounge around the house in?

foreveryoung said...

(not that I've ever seen a Chinese cowboy in my entire life. I'm just saying...)

Jodee said...

I KNOW! She does make boots and a hat sound pretty hot! And her food blog, come on! How can reading about how to make a pot roast sound so interesting? I love it!

Marisa said...

Okay...so I meant to just take a peak at her recipe site and couldn't stop reading! She seriously is an amazing photographer and I'm loving all the pictures along the way. Thanks! I'm thinking that tonight I'll have to go read her story...I have a feeling it will be totally addicting (just like you said).

Suni said...

I grew up in the country and oh yes cowboys can be HOT! Now I am going to have to totally check this out!!

Glazier5 said...

Too funny, several nights ago I found the link from another friends blog and I was totally up into the wee hours of the morning devouring her story. Good thing Mr. Nate was out of town! :-) I can't wait for her next installment!

Cammi said...

Thanks alot Jamie!! You got me HOOKED, and I completely wasted my morning yesterday, but it was worth it. Fun read! You were the second person to tell me about the site, but I didn't know anything about the story. Is Chapter XXV the latest one?

Rachel said...

I haven't read the story yet, but the recipe part is incredible. The pictures are amazing and so beautiful. I've never seen food and preparation look so enticing. I want to go make a pot roast and use the leftovers for tostadas and make cookies for dessert all right now! Thanks! I can't wait to join the obsession.