Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's A......


....boy! (I'll refrain from posting the crotch shots for all to see, but trust me, it's a boy.) I was 99% sure it was a girl. Before I even got pregnant with Kylie and Jayden I knew what they were going to be and the same thing happened this time (or so I thought). All signs were pointing to a girl--the Chinese conception chart, the ring over the wrist and my all-knowing motherly instincts. I hadn't even remotely considered the idea of a boy and now I'm just trying to get over the shock. I spent the first 20 weeks preparing for a girl...coming up with names, thinking of decorations for the nursery, browsing through all the girl racks...and thankfully I have another 20 weeks to get ready for a boy! A girl would have been fun, but who doesn't love a mamma's boy? I'm just seriously worried that we're never going to come up with a name for this kid. Kylie was a little disappointed, she had her heart set on a little sister, but we're all really excited now, especially Jayden. It's going to be so fun to have my two little boys together. So here are the first shots of our little man, we can't wait to meet him!

As a sidenote....just some proof that my pregnancy brain is in full force, here is a list of things that I have forgotten in just the past two days:
-the appointment that my visiting teachers had set only the day before
-mutual activity night--it's always been the same day and same time so I don't know how I completely spaced it
-library books due like a week ago--at $2 a day for each late DVD, I may have to take out a small loan. Need I remind you that to this day I have never ever had a late fee at the library?
-carpool--I knew it was my week to drive, I had taken them that morning for heaven's sake. But come 2:45 when school is already out, my brain was on vacation. Thankgoodness Jason was home to remind me.
-Everytime I make a payment for my lab work I do it on our health fund credit card. This time I completely spaced it and put it on our regular credit card, which meant that Jason had to spend forever on the phone trying to fix it (I love how he is always coming to my rescue).
-I was supposed to have an important paper for Jayden's preschool next year turned in yesterday. Yeah, I barely made it to the school today before they shut down for summer.

I don't know how I can even function in society with a brain like this.

11 comments:

Shanen said...

Yahoo for you guys. That is so exciting. Don't worry about forgetting things. School is out, and summer is here. Take an extra nap and just remember that you have a good excuse.

Pam Jorgensen said...

Congrats!! I'm sure both your kids are so excited!

What's my excuse for forgetting things? Must be old age...

Crystal said...

Yea!! Congratulations. Who doesn't want a sweet mama's boy?!?!? Good luck with the name. Boy names are harder than girls.

DAVE AND CANDACE BOLLARD said...

I've been stalking your blog for this one! I knew you went in on Tuesday. A boy will be so much fun for Jayden! Congrats! It really is true that pregnancy kills the brain. The list made me laugh so much.

Janessa said...

Yay! We are so excited for another baby boy Young! Taylor and Parker are thrilled to have another boy cousin to join the ranks and Ricky is very jealous. He loves his girls, but I think he'd love to have our last one or two kids be boys. We'll see. I know now not to count on any "fool proof" method though to try and figure out what we'll have next:) Good luck coming up with a name! I love your brain malfunction list! I think that after being pregnant four times my brain isn't as quick to revert back to normal functioning mode. I have either done or could totally see my self doing everything on your list - and I'm not pregnant!

Jodee said...

Man, what the heck? You were totally having a girl! Oh well, Jayden is pretty stinkin cute, I am sure this one will be too! Love you Jame!

Chelsea said...

another little Gigi, hooray! Hey theres a name idea, since Jayden refuses to let us use it anymore! From now on I will only tell you uplifting stories of how perfect my two boys are...I do what I can :)

Oh.. and thats how my brain functions normally, so dont feel too bad. I still get around ok! most days!

kristina said...

Congratulations Jamie-2 boys together is the best!

nicole said...

Jamie - I'm so excited you're having a boy! I thought for sure that you were having a girl too. wierd, huh.

Cammi said...

Congrats on the boy! That is so fun to find out after waiting for what seems like forever, huh? That's funny that you were so surprised. I know the feeling though!

Glazier5 said...

Congrats Jamie! Boys are great! But you already know that!