Tuesday, May 13, 2008

18 weeks


Here's some more belly shots and pregnancy ramblings for my own journaling sake, so feel free to skip this one...
First of all, I love that this pregnancy is going so fast! I'm feeling the 2nd trimester love here, I'm not sick and I'm not uncomfortable yet (besides these darn braxton hicks, I started getting them around 15 weeks which was a lot earlier than I remember with the other ones). Instead of living on cold cereal I feel like I'm eating constantly and gaining like 5 pounds a day. Watermelon and Red Vines seem to be the drug of choice these days. I bought a one pounder Red Vines bag on Thursday with plans to take it to the movies for our girls night. I totally forgot to bring it and as a result I was forced to eat the entire bag by myself in 3 days. Yes, I could have shared some with my loving children but then that would mean less for the baby and it is vital that I look out for the needs of the baby at this point.
I'm dying to find out what we're having but since Jason is traveling so much and since I figured that it was just slightly important that he was there for the ultrasound, I had to reschedule it for the 27th. I'm getting girl vibes and Kylie already has everything planned out for a girl (she wants to name her Shelby, she knows how she wants to arrange her room once they are sharing and she has outfits already lined up).
I was feeling kind of sad because I hadn't felt the baby move yet. They say you can start feeling it as early as 16 weeks and I was almost 18 and hadn't felt a darn thing. Every night I would lay in bed as still as I could just trying to feel the slightest movement, but nothing. Then on Mother's Day I got the best present (next to the snowglobe, of course). That evening I felt the baby move and it seemed like all at once the kid sprouted arms and legs because for like a half hour we had some sort of acrobat circus going on in my uterus--it was awesome! You would think this would happen as I was laying motionless in deep concentration on the bed, but no---I was blogging. Yeah, that's my kid.

6 comments:

Janessa said...

I can see a pooch! I'm so excited. You look great!!! I love that you have a blogging baby on the way. That's so fun that you felt HER move so much all at once like that. And on Mother's Day even. How neat! Way to watch out for that poor helpless baby with the Red Vines. You need to make sure SHE gets HER fair share. I can't wait to find out what you're having. I have your Doctor appointment marked on my calender. You'll have to call me asap! I love all of Kylie's plans. What a great big sister. She already does such a wonderful job with Jayden. Is she going to be devastated if it's a boy? I'm sure the disapointment wouldn't last long. Glad things are going fast for you!

Michelle Y. said...

The 2nd trimester is amazing. I got braxton hicks earlier with Tyler also. Feeling the baby move is the best feeling ever. I will be so sad to be done having kids and not have that feeling ever again. You look great, that is what my stomach looks like after 3 c-sections and 3 8 pound babies...

DAVE AND CANDACE BOLLARD said...

I seriously can't even tell you are pregnant! You are so cute. I'm so glad you are finding out what you are having. Most of my friends here are waiting to be surprised and I hate it. I can't wait to hear.

Jodee said...

I agree, finding out is fun, boo for surprises! I can't wait till the 27th, mark me on that list to call right away! You can call your sister first but I'm second OK? I can't stand it any longer!

Heidi Ann said...

You are looking better than ever my friend, and hardly pregnant! I can't believe you're already almost 5 months, that went by really fast for me. :) Kylie is so cute already choosing outfits, what a girl!

Sheba Price said...

Thanks for the pics! Now I know which trimester my tummy looks like! LOL!! I need to do more sit ups and less mexican and cookies! My down fall! But seriously, you look fantastic and this is your third baby! I hate you! (I hope you know I am kidding!) Call me and lets do something! I am keeping track of everyone's vacation plans so I know when to call them since I am not going anywhere! BOO HOO!