Friday, May 02, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday!


I can't believe that she is already 6 years old, but at the same time I can't even remember life without her, which makes 6 years seem like so long ago. Either way, my baby is 6 and she's loving every minute of it! She's been counting down her birthday for the past 364 days, so she was beyond excited when the day actually came. We started with her requested pink cat shaped pancakes in bed (of course she had woken up at 6:30 because she was so excited so by the time I got around to breakfast she was dressed and had to hop back into bed for effect). She only got through half of her breakfast because she was too excited about opening her presents. This was the first year that she wanted big girl presents instead of toys and it was kind of sad. She scored a kid's IPOD, alarm clock, CD and lamp for her bedroom. Jason was able to work from home and took Sonic to Kylie for lunch. Then Jayden and I had our turn with the birthday girl when we took cupcakes to her class. For dinner I made Kylie's latest favorite, chicken wings. This girl lives for steak and chicken wings, she definately gets that from her dad and not me! We ended the night with cake and ice-cream while watching "Enchanted". We started up again first thing in the morning when we got ready for Kylie's party. I was a little nervous to have a pool party with so many kids, but everything turned out great and hopefully everyone had a fun time. We packed swimming, pizza, water balloon toss, presents, cake and ice-cream into two hours (of course Kylie had to change into a "party dress" immediately after swimming). It was definately a fun party weekend!

6 comments:

Jodee said...

I can't even believe she is 6! That means Madison is nearly there too! She is adorable, I LOVE the party dress, so fantastic! Tell Kylie Madison says "Hi Kylie, Happy Birthday. I hope you have fun at your party and I hope you get to come see me soon. I love you, you are my best friend in the whole world, even in China"
Seriously? Ya, that's what she wanted to say! Love you KyKy!

Kandice said...

I can't believe she is 6 either, that means it has been 6 years since we moved from Utah. Crazy. So fun to have a pool party, and I love your backyard. I haven't seen pictures of the whole yard with the grass and swingset. I love it.

Shanen said...

What a fun day. What a fun treat for her to have breakfast in bed. I bet she did just feel like a queen ALL DAY. Lucky girl.

Chelsea said...

that first picture is so cute!! She does look like such a princess in a princess room. And Brayden sure had fun at the party!

Janessa said...

Happy birthday our sweet Kylie!!! I can't believe you're six! Now you and Abby are twiners! It looks like you had such a fun birthday and a super cool party. I wish we could have been there to party with you. I LOVE your party dress. It's so cute!!! It sounds like you got some fun big girl presents. I just can't believe how big you are. Those chicken wings sound yumm-o! Glad you had a fun filled birthday. We all love you tons!

Suni said...

Looks like a FUN party, she is too cute!