Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Wish Every Day Was Mother's Day

I have been basking in the glory of motherhood today and taking full advantage of doing absolutely nothing. Here is what Jason and the kids did most of the day:
and here is what I did (crown and all):

.....Pancake breakfast, afternoon nap, Jason's curry dinner and not a single dish to wash....it was heavenly, Jason and the kids were cute to spoil me rotten. And of course I have these cute kiddos to thank for making me a mother. It was so cute to see all of the home made gifts and cards that they made for me. Saturday night Kylie was busy outside working on some project. When she was done she wrapped it all up then made a little throne on the couch for me to sit on and open the present while everyone else sat on the blanket that she had set up on the floor. She worked so hard to make me a snow globe with water and sand that I can shake up and watch the mud settle on the bottom. She tried putting a picture in the snowglobe but it always fell apart in the water. It was definately my favorite present and I love all the thought that she put into it, what a sweetheart. She reminded me about 20 times throughout the day that she loved me and that I was the best mommy ever. Jayden was so cute and kept writing me love notes and drawing pictures for me on his note pad and spoiling me with all his hugs and kisses. And Jason did an awesome job to make sure that I didn't lift a finger the whole day, I seriously couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day. Before I had kids I could never even fathom all the emotions that would be involved in raising kids. I can't even imagine what it was like to only be worried about myself and my own interests and I'm grateful for the selflessness that motherhood has taught me. My greatest joys and my greatest worries in life are all wrapped up around these 2 1/2 kids and I couldn't imagine it any other way. Thanks Kylie, Jayden and new little baby Young for putting a smile on my face everyday and finding new ways to melt my heart, I love you guys! It was also fun talking to my mom on the phone. She is such an amazing person and I totally miss living close to her! I'm grateful to have had such a wonderful example and I'm doing my best to follow it, although I've got some pretty big shoes to fill! Thanks Mom, I now know how much work it takes to be a mom and every day I have a greater appreciation for you! Happy Mother's Day to all of you amazing moms, I learn so much from each one of you!

16 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok, first of all...HOLY CRAP! I love your hair! Seriously, you are looking all kinds of hot.

Now that I have that out of the way, I'm glad you had a great mother's day. :)

Angie Whitman said...

I think your hair looks so good! You'll have to excuse my staring at the school...i was slightly confused. I could tell something was different (darker hair), but I couldn't figure out how your hair was so long and I never noticed before! It looks so cute and I didn't recognize you again at church at first! I am so glad you had a great Mother's day! Especially since your pregnant!:) I had the best nap ever! I hope your not missing me too much in YW's...It is so WEIRD in R.S.!!

Jodee said...

You are rockin' the locks! I am so glad Jason and kids spoiled you rotten, you SO deserve it! Happy Mother's Day to you Jame, you are such a great mom and amazing friend, I love you!

Sheba Price said...

Okay, where have I been? Your hair looks great! I am so use to seeing you with short but I love the long. Okay, Jason and kids are a dream! What a great Mother's day for you! Yes I wish Mother's Day was everyday myself!

Sheba Price said...

P.S. The change of hair calls for new family Pics?

Nichols Family said...

Yep, I agree with everyone else, your hair is awesome long. It's a fun change. So can you curl it and everthing? Like with pink sponge curlers ;)? So anyway, I'm so glad you had a perfect Mother's Day. Yep, I went to step today (the first time in 2 weeks I could work out, I was finally released after my eye surgery). I can't believe how exhausted I felt in step just from missing those 2 weeks. Back to your hair...is this dark color your actual natural color? You look amazing, makes your eyes pop.

Rohm Family said...

I have never seen you in a long pony tail in all my ( how many years have I known you- 13?) Now you need to curl it and post some pix- you look so pretty!

Janessa said...

Yes, I LOVE the hair. I want some! I can't wait to try it on this summer:) I'm glad you had such an awesome day. You so deserve it. You are an awesome mom to some amazing little kiddos. I'm so excited that you have another one on the way! The snow globe is the cutest thing ever. You can tell that girl is from AZ. She puts sand in her snow globe:) I love you tons Jamie!!! You are so on my list of mom's I look up to. Thanks for being such an amazing example and best sister ever!!!

Chelsea said...

well gee, next year I am coming to your house for Mother's Day! I am certainly impressed that Jason still pulled off breakfast despite our horrid early church time. Major points! The snow globe was adorable, you sure got spoiled and you deserve it! I think if I see you maybe 4 more times I will be officially "used" to the hair. Ok?

Suni said...

Wow! Now I think Jason should offer classes on how to do Mother's Day right! I love your hair...so cute!!

kemptons said...

I love the princess crown! And I still can't get over your long hair. Hope you had a great Mothers Day! I think we should change it to at least Mothers Week instead of Mothers Day!

Michelle Y. said...

I know everyone has commented on your hair but I have to say when I saw you on Sunday at church I thought you looked the best I have ever seen you. I love your hair dark, long and pulled back! I am glad you had such a great Mother's Day, you deserve it!

Rachel said...

This is totally a repeat comment, but I have to. I can not get over the hair. I don't think if I saw you walking by right now I would even recognize you. You look so gorgeous! What a fun change. It makes me want to do something drastic. I agree with Suni, Jason is going to have to give some lessons. Well glad you had a great day. See ya!

Heidi said...

Ahhh the snow globe...too cute!

Nichols Family said...

It was fun to hang out this past week a few times. Sorry Trent and I decided not to go tonight (we've been gone from our kids too much this week). Plus I have to be at the church at 7:30am. I know, that's no excuse to go out and have fun...but I got a late start on trying to find a sitter as well. We'll take a rain check though!

Marisa said...

What a cute post! I'm glad that you got pampered and had such a great day.

And I have to add to all the comments about your hair--I love it! I really, really like the color too. You look beautiful. I bet you're loving having a fun no 'do.