Sunday, June 19, 2011

Twelve


Twelve years ago today,
we said "I do" and were on our way.
We sped off in Euzer and our journey began,
With a few dollars to our name and a Valentine's frying pan.

Over the years we've seen it all,
first job, first house, first baby and 123 games of BYU football.
We've traveled all over to so many places,
we've seen each other through sickness and sunburned faces.

From selling phones door to door,
and Sunday night Rook games at 414 north.
There are so many wonderful memories over the past 12 years,
so many smiles and so many tears.

Our love nest has grown from two to six,
with each milestone documented with hundreds of pics.
Looking back I wouldn't change a thing,
and to think that this beautiful life began with just a ring.

Happy anniversary, Jay, I love you!!

3 comments:

Janessa said...

Awe, happy anniversary! That was so sweet. You two are so prefect for each other. You make a great team and balance each other out in so many ways. I'm so glad you found each other and brought Jason into the family. I love this picture of you two. You both look so young and beautiful after twelve years. Love you both!

Jodee said...

Wow Jame, now you can add poet to your long list of skills. Happy Anniversary you two!

Chelsea said...

seriously? I don't think I could write a cute poem like that nor would I think to try. You are such a talent! Happy 12! And what a perfect balance you two are, if I do say so myself ;)