Saturday, June 04, 2011

Kindergarten grad (finally)


I didn't shed a tear, not because it wasn't centimental to see little GiGi graduating from kindergarten, but because after I filed away his fourth "my first year of school" memory book, I knew it was time.  So no tears were shed, but I couldn't wipe off the smile from my face or the pride in my heart.  He has worked so hard this year and has excelled (much thanks to the 2 years of preschool and additional year of kindergarten...I think I would be worried if he didn't excell). He got chosen to introduce the class with a little poem and he looked so adorable with his little clip-on tie and hands clasped as he confidently recited the poem.  Confidence is definately his strength, like when he told me he had to wear church clothes and then everyone else showed up in jeans and polos, and he could care less.  Kylie would have been humiliated but it didn't even phase him, he's not one to care about what others think and I really admire that about him.  He knew he looked spiffy and that's all that mattered. They sang the cutest songs and it's a good thing I made a special trip to buy new video tapes since the battery wasn't working on the video camera, boo.




We LOVE Mrs. Moore.  Kylie had her as well and she will always have a special place in our hearts. I thought Jayden would be so excited about summer but instead he spent the last school night crying in his bed because he was going to miss Mrs. Moore.  He said he would rather be at school with her than at home with me, such love.


Everyone took off quickly after the graduation so this was the only friend we could snag to take a picture with.  Jayden liked Hudson because he is nice and had the best birthday party out of anyone in the class. Necessary requirements for a good friend.



We are so proud of you, Jayden and are excited for the new adventures that await you in first grade!

6 comments:

Janessa said...

Oh that boy is handsome! I love the picture of him reciting his poem. He is too cute. I so admire his confidence. He's going to go far in life. No doubt due to the 2 years of preschool and 2 years of kindergarten:) Good solid foundation.

Jodee said...

He is such a cute kid. I love that he is totally cool with wearing church clothes when everyone else isn't. That independence and confidence is such a great quality to have. And nice faux hawk too!

Andi said...

Wow! Jayden is so tall! I'm glad he loved kindergarten.

Tyson and Dawn Jolley said...

He is such a cutie. We could just imagine him up there reciting his poem as proud as could be! We're excited to see where this kid takes himself in the future...maybe the first Chinese president! lol

Chelsea said...

LOL! Both my kids have way too many "first year" books...so funny. Maybe thats why I didn't shed a tear either. No wait, I was just happy to get the heck out of the disorganized farm school.

Janette said...

So cute! Sure proud of you, Jayden