Friday, June 24, 2011

The training wheels


I have been so spoiled having my mom and Jayci here for 2 1/2 weeks and my dad for the last week as
well.  I kept telling my mom that I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm on my own, she referred to it as taking the training wheels off, and that's how I feel.  I've relied on her so much this past week and didn't realize just how much I needed her.  Not only did she cook delicious meals (and cinnamon rolls!), clean, spend time playing and doing crafts with the kids, baby-sit so that we could go out on several dates and let me nap every single day, but she also gave me the greatest gift--being able to just sit and hold my baby.  These past two weeks I spent the majority of my day just holding Ryder and that time is priceless.  He has already grown and changed in the past couple of weeks and that time with him is something I'll always cherish.  I'm so used to always being on the go and making myself be productive so it was so weird for me to do absolutely nothing. For three days I only had one thing on my to do list and it took me all three days to get it done, but I have zero regrets that all I did was sit on the couch for days on end and snuggle with my little man. The kids also had so much fun going on outings and swimming with Papa while my mom and I enjoyed a quiet house. I can't thank them enough for coming down to help, we are all going to miss having them here! Kylie doesn't know how she'll survive summer with out her bff Jayci and I don't know how I'm going to handle four kids with only 2 hands. Maddox's tears when they left pretty much sum up how we all felt. Thanks for coming, we'll miss you guys!!




3 comments:

Janessa said...

I'm so glad you had that time with mom and dad and so much time to just love on your sweet baby. You have definitely got to post more pictures of Ryder. He's looking bigger already! That picture of Maddox is so sad! I love the pics of mom and dad with Ryder. So sweet!

Jodee said...

Ugh, the dreaded day when mom leaves you alone with all the kids! I hate that day! It seems that you are doing just fine though. I am glad you were able to enjoy your little man as much as you did.

ps- You have some great light in that room!

Chelsea said...

you are so lucky! so glad you got spoiled with your last!