Tuesday, June 07, 2011

I need a distraction.  Jason is on a flight from Vegas, my mom is on a flight from Denver, my contractions are getting harder and I really want them both here NOW.  I went in for my appointment today and I am dialated to a 5. A FIVE.  How is that possible to be walking around at a 5? I'm afraid that if I sneeze a little arm may poke out. Last week I was at a 3 1/2 and even then I was nervous to use the outhouse at the lake since I was 20 feet above a sesspool with a gaping hole in my cervix.  He stripped my membranes again and even though I'm scheduled to get induced tomorrow, I have a feeling this little guy might come tonight.  I've never really gone into labor on my own (Kylie was a scheduled c-section, Jayden I'm 99% positive was false labor and my water broke with Maddox), so I'm not sure what to expect and when I should head to the hospital.  I can't even remember what to pack in my hospital bag.  I'm nervous to wait too long because I'm strep B positive so I need to have the antibiotics for 2 hours before I deliver and with only a measly 5 cm to go I'm thinking (and hoping) that it will go really fast.  Who knows, this may be false labor again, he stripped them last week and for 2 days straight I had contractions, then nothing.  I'm starting to have serious doubts that my body even knows how to go into labor on its own.  I wish I would have done something grandiose on my last day of freedom, instead I spent it at Wal-mart and cleaning the house.  I would like to say that I was only cleaning to try and induce labor but you all know me and my OCDisms too well.  A clean house calms me and I want to give coming home to a clean house a fighting chance (Jason really is pretty good about this, but I know what kind of damage a potty trained 2 year old can do to a toilet). Of course I am so excited and so scared, it's amazing all the emotions you go through when you're about to have a baby.  I can't wait to meet him and I'm so excited for the kids to see him as well.  I'm so curious to see how Maddox will react.  He talks to the baby and about the baby as if he understands, and several times he has asked if he can climb into my stomach when the baby opens it up and comes out.  He tells me what songs he's going to sing to him and how he is going to give him his bottle when he cries.  He acts excited, but the past couple of days he has also been saying that he wants to be the baby and is always pretending to be one so I think the jealousy may get to him.  Hopefully a houseful of people here will be a good distraction.  Anyways, we'll see what happens, either way the end is near and I can't wait!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

welp, at least it will be a short labor, since you are half way there! and probably even more dialated now that you've been cleaning all day! Back when I worked at the bank & I was 9 mos preg with bray, I had several customers talk to me about their labors of course. One told me that she was dialated to a 6 for two weeks before she went into real labor. DIdn't even know that was possible.

so excited to meet him!!

Erin said...

Jadyn was so cute today when he told me you had a baby in your tummy. So glad that he is on his way!

Janessa said...

This is killing me!!! Mom called me last night just as they were meeting you at the hospital. What a crazy adventure. I hope you made it there and all went well. I've been thinking about you all night! When I woke up to feed Cannon at 4:30 I was wondering if you were holding a little baby too. IF you get this before you call me - CALL ME!!! Love you!!!!

Hollie Hanson said...

Ahhh!!! I am so excited for you Jamie!!! Hope it all went beautifully and I can't wait to see your new baby!!!!

Chris and Sally said...

Yeah! I am excited and scared for you. Scared that Jason won't make it in time because that would be one of my worst fears. Good luck! I'm sure everything will be wonderful and you will join us lucky enough to have 4 kids.

Jodee said...

So crazy! I am so glad everything went well. he is adorable and i cant wait to meet him in person! Love you!