Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dad's day


"Let us reflect gratitude for our fathers.  Father...is ever willing to sacrifice his own comfort for that of his children.  Daily he toils to provide the necessities of life, never complaining, ever concerned for the well-being of his family.  This love for children, this desire to see them well and happy, is a constant in a a time of change."
-Thomas S. Monson

Happy father's day to the one man who can make the kids drop everything and run to the door when he comes home.  The one that makes the best blueberry pancakes every Sunday morning.  The one who spends every Saturday baking in the Arizona heat to make the yard beautiful.  The one who grows the finest crop of tomatoes.  The one who can fix anything.  The one who doesn't bring the stresses of work home and never complains.  The one who calls me during the day to tell me he loves me.  The one who watches The Bachelor with me. The one who taught me to floss regularly. The one who brings treats home for the kids when he travels.  The one who looks hot on the wakeboard.  The one that I love to watch playing with the kids.  The one who clips out the Hobby Lobby coupon for me from the Sunday paper every week. The one who is the planner so that I don't have to be. The one who really makes me laugh. The one who accomplishes anything he puts his mind to.  The one who doesn't miss a month of home teaching.  The one who has learned to put up with my emotional rollercoasters.  The one who takes pride in what he does.  The one who I love to snuggle and watch the Office with every Thursday.  The one who opens doors for me on dates.  The one who teaches Jayden how to play baseball.  The one who gives away all his father's day chocolate to his kids.  The one whose stories I like to hear about when he was younger.  The one who would do anything for his family.  We love you, Jay, happy father's day!!

2 comments:

Jodee said...

Awe, happy Fathers Day Jason! Sounds like you have one lucky family!

Janessa said...

Love the quote, love the picture, love all the sweet things you had to say about your honey. It's a good thing since it's double duty with father's day and your anniversiary. Happy day to both of you:)