Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Bowl Stats


Some women use lingerie, perfume, candles, etc. to spice up there marriage and keep the romance alive. Not me. I use sports stats. It is true, I have found that nothing gets Jason in the mood more than when I start spouting out random facts related to sports. He immediately devotes all of his attention to me, he gets an affectionate look in his eyes and a smile that says, "you are the woman for me". As I was running on the treadmill at the gym I was forced to watch ESPN and so I stashed away a few little helpful stats in the back of my mind to store away for future use. It worked like magic, and I thought that I would pass them along in order to help out my fellow ladies. So when you're hanging out watching TV, just casually mention: "man if Belichick would have won today, he would have tied Chuck Noll with the most Super Bowl wins as head coach". Just incase he asks questions, here's the background info: Bill Belichick is the head coach of the New England Patriots and has 3 Super Bowl wins. Chuck Noll was the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers until 1991 and he has 4 wins. There you have it, you may just get lucky tonight! By "lucky" I mean you may get lucky and he'll do the dishes tonight. What did you think I was talking about? Get your mind out of the gutter...

12 comments:

Chelsea said...

Whoa, where to start! #1. Love the hiking pics, & thanks for the tip, in case we ever get the itch to go on a hike now I know its right behind us! Not that the itch will occur in this lifetime. #2. It goes to show kids need very little to look adorable. Kylie looks just as cute without all that detail as she does with it! #3. I can't believe Jason came home with HUGS!!!!!! He's for sure worse than Jer, & thats hard to beat! #4. I am major impressed with your sports stats, I'll have to try that if I ever get the urge to impress mine, but again, probably not in this lifetime! :)

Marisa said...

man...you really are a good wife. I don't even pretend :-). Bret will still ask every now and again, "Remember when we were dating and you said you'd always watch sports with me...just to be next to me?" I know I really believed that I would back then...but now I get so bored I could die! I'm so going to try your stats...he'll be very surprised!

Angie Whitman said...

That really was a good game! (does it matter that I only watched the last 15 minutes?) I loved your post on Kylie and what she looks like before/after school! For the first few weeks of Kindergarten I seriously wondered if people thought I didn't do her hair! Its that curly hair curse...a tight ponytail takes only seconds for curly strands to come bouncing out! Yes, and love finding all the "surprises" in the bottom of her backpack. I have a funny story about school on Friday, so remind me. I'm still questioning weather to put it on my blog.:)

Alisa Larson said...

I'd rather have the "gutter" kind of lucky! :-) I already have a dishwasher...

Unknown said...

That "stat" thing isnt going to work for a non-sports-watching guy like I married, but Ive found that forcing him to take a 30 minute nap wins me points. But you are very impressive and sneaky. Can I just say "AMEN" to the husbands grocery shopping. Bill came home with a huge bag of 3 dollar a pound apples. I didnt even know they could sell for that much.

Jodee said...

Good job Jame! This totally works for Ronnie, except he gets even more impressed when it is BYU related. I try my hardest to ask as many questions as possible just so I can see his eyes light up and get so excited to tell me all about it. So cute!

Janessa said...

You have your man figured out. Thanks for the stats. I'll have to give it a try. So did you get lucky? Did Jason do the dishes? You crack me up! Should we act surprised if we hear an "I'm pregnant" announcement soon?!

Janessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodee said...

Two points for Janessa- nice one!

kemptons said...

What do you do when you know more stats than your husband!!!

Michelle Y. said...

Yeah, I am grateful that Craig isn't too into watching sports. He likes to know what happened and keep up with the scores but he doesn't care to watch. Love Janessa's comment, let us know when you have good news :)

Brooklyn said...

Still laughing over your posts! 1) love little Kylie either way! Although that ribbon is adorable and I hope its not lost! 2) The grocery trip sent me into dejavu'! Bo does the SAME thing. Except he will buy like $100 worth of junk that is not on the list!(um, beef jerky, ewww)! 3) I am VERY impressed with the sports stats. Really, Truley, you are every mans dream girl! And thanks for the tip!