Sunday, February 03, 2008

One Bag of Hershey's Kisses


Through past experience, I've learned that it's not always a good idea to send Jason to the store for me. If there's more than 3 items needed, then I am required to write them down and I'm guaranteed atleast on phone call for each item in order to specify the amount, brand, size, color, smell, location, purpose, expiration date...etc. (It's okay honey, it goes both ways. I know that if I were put in the middle of Home Depot on a mission to find a lag screw, we would have to take out a loan to cover the cell phone bill). Bless his little heart, Jason was so nice to volunteer to go to the store for me Saturday night because I needed a bag of Hershey's Kisses for Young Womens. I thought that we would be okay with just the one item on the shopping list. However, as soon as he got to the store, my phone rang:

Call #1: What did you need again?
One bag of Hershey's Kisses.
Anything else?
No, thankyou though.

Call #2: Where are they at?
Ummm, probably the candy aisle.
Why are you laughing?

Call #3: What size bag do you need?
Ummm, just a regular bag.

30 minutes later he comes home with a bag of potato chips, a carton of ice-cream and a bag of Hershey's HUGS. Did I not specify kisses? Maybe next time I should be more clear :) I love you honey, thanks for the valiant effort and for putting a smile on my face. Thank you also for confirming the fact that you couldn't survive without me! :)

11 comments:

The Morris Fam said...

So as I read this post out loud to Nathan he kept shrugging like this was total normal guy behavior. He didn't get it either. You have to love men!

Marisa said...

I am so cracking up because this is almost exactly the same story that happened on Saturday night. I was about to pull my hair out yesterday (I love ya Bret) when he'd gotten two cans of refried beans instead of black beans. It was sunday and we couldn't make that quick run back. I also appreciate when he goes....but he often brings back A LOT of stuff. Such as 3 bags of potato chips and 4 2liters of soda for our own (well 2 other people came) super bowl party. Of course we ate half a bag tops and half a soda. Gotta love 'em!

Suni said...

This is so true and so funny!! Thank goodness for cell phones! Gotta love our husbands for effort, atleast they try.....right?!

Jodee said...

No worries Jason, Ronnie does the same thing. But he NEVER wants me to write anything down. somehow he always remembers everything but he has to call me as he is in each isle to ask what type, size, etc...

Janessa said...

That totally cracks me up! That is such a guy thing. Like you said, it would probably be the same thing if one of us were trying to pick up something at Home Depot. What a nice hubby! We'll give him an A for effort.

kemptons said...

So funny... Every time I send Steven to the store for me he calls me a million times, now what exactly did you want me to get, or where is it in the store. I talk to him as he goes down every isle trying to find it. There is no point in even trying to write a list...

Glazier5 said...

Our dear hubbies must all be blessed with the same shopping gene...as many of your fellow posters confirmed! I sent Nate just last night for 2 things - pineapple and noodles. I too got the call...and then what else does he come home with? Doritos, candy bars (for FHE he told me!) and some other junk! Gotta love it and be glad they are willing to attempt to understand our lists!

DAVE AND CANDACE BOLLARD said...

Aren't husbands the greatest? At least they try and the stat thing is great. Only I think it would put Dave in the "gutter" type of mood and not the dish type.

MommyRohner said...

The same thing happens over here. They just don't have that same attention to detail that we have... and they don't cook much so they don't realize that it actually matters. Love them anyway.

Kristin said...

I was laughing so hard at this. We are the same way...I haven't been checking blogs lately so I had some catching up to do. It look like you have been having a blast! Your kids are so cute! I love reading your stories, I can always count on you to make me laugh.

Crystal said...

I love the "why are you laughing?" They really don't get it, do they?