Monday, June 06, 2016

Preschool Graduation


He requested to dress fancy and carefully chose his Sunday best. He led the pledge with his hand proudly placed on his heart and his head cocked back just so. He knew every word and action to "Slippery Fish". He slid down the slide with purpose. He accepted his certificate with a firm handshake and a grin from ear to ear. Cookies were eaten, small talk was exchanged, pictures were snapped, then just like that my baby graduated from preschool. I am still in denial. He had such a fun year, he's grown leaps and bounds since the first day when I tried dropping him off and he clung to me with tears streaming down his face. It broke my heart and now it's breaking all over again picturing him climbing on that big yellow school bus in a few short months. But let's not think about that now. Right now I'm so proud of this boy, the way he stepped outside his comfort zone to make new friends and develop a new confidence and the way he learned and grew over the past year. Seeing him run towards me with a huge smile on his face every day at pick up is one of my all time favorite memories. He makes me so proud to be his mom, and that little pose he is striking in the picture below just kills me dead. Congratulations Ryder, the world is yours for the taking.











No comments: