Monday, June 06, 2016

Fourteen


I still remember the first time I held her, as if it were yesterday. Since I had a c-section they took her straight to the nursery and I didn't get to see her for a few hours. Longest few hours of my life. I was in and out of a drug induced haze, but I will never forget when they brought her to me. A tiny pink bundle with a strong cry that stopped the moment she was in my arms. That instantaneous bond was electric and I knew my life would never be the same. I just had no idea just how much that little 6 lb 13 oz human would change my life for good. Every year I say the cliche, "I can't believe she's getting so old", but this year I mean it. This year she has grown up before my eyes into a beautiful full fledged teenager. Complete with eye rolls, hours getting ready for the day, a phone attached to her at all times and hanging out with friends becoming a first priority. Despite the occasional teenage angst, she really is such a fun girl to have around. We share the same interests in music, shopping and movies. I record every chick flick that comes on TV so that we can stay up late watching them on the weekends. She's got such a fun sense of humor and an attractive confidence about her. She drinks pickle juice out of the jar, but doesn't like chocolate chip cookies. She is a great friend and example to others. So grateful to have a daughter as a best friend, she truly brings such joy to my life.  Happy birthday, Kylie, we love you!!












No comments: