Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Reminder


I feel like I've been in a funk lately.  Snappy, grumpy, tired, short tempered and just not pleasant to be around.  The other day{s} I was yelling at the kids to stop yelling, snapping at Kylie to stop having a bad attitude and then losing it with Jayden for losing his temper. I needed to change and when I came across this quote the next day I knew it was meant for me:

"We should set [our children] an example that we wish them to imitate.  Do we realize this?  How often we see parents demand obedience, good behavior, kind words, pleasant looks, a sweet voice and a bright eye from a child or children when they themselves are full of bitterness and scolding!" 
-Brigham Young

It's something I need to constantly remind myself, along with finding joy and gratitiude each and every day.  Today it was these smiles that helped turn my frown upside down.

5 comments:

Dr. Mulder said...

Can I just add that the day after election, EVERYONE was in a funk. Jason said every patient that came in was snappy or depressed, even his super calm partner got on the office manager and other employees at their clinic. I know I was short with my kids, or I was crying. Um, I LOVE this picture! I never take bath time pictures anymore! You've inspired me. This year, I WILL get at least one bath time picture!

Chris and Sally said...

I hear you sister! Right before I read this I was yelling at Brooke to stop crying and yelling at the others to be nice! I definitely needed to hear those words of wisdom. Thank you. And it's nice to hear sometimes that other girls have bad attitudes. I feel like its just mine. :)

Jodee said...

So true. I wish i wouldn't forget and slump back into my old ways but somehow it always happens. I guess we just have to keep trying each day.

Janessa said...

JUST what I needed! I was yelling at my kids on the way to school this morning about how there's to much yelling in our home. I was consumed with guilt as I was saying it. I'm ready for a fresh new start when they get home from school! Here's to a great weekend:)

Chelsea said...

great quote! cute pic, cute kids!