Wednesday, October 05, 2011

The happiest rainiest place on earth



It's a tragedy.  We're a block away from Disneyland and I'm sitting in a hotel watching back to back episodes of Dragon Tales on Netflix, which is atleast a step up from the earlier Spongebob marathon.  Curse the rain.  I had all sorts of photo ops planned involving the sun and shadows and Maddox wearing Mickey Mouse ears.  I wasted a good hour packing cute clothes since nothing looks good in a poncho. My California spray tan is covered by jeans and jackets. My cute hair cut now makes me look like a drowned rat and the kids' souvineir money went to ponchos and umbrellas. Not to mention all the money wasted on tickets.  Oh, and I had another emberassing fall on the wet cement.  I heard gasps behind me but hurried and hobbled off without looking back.  Sheesh, how many public falls can a girl have before her ego is permanently ruined? So I'm going to sit here and sulk while the Teacups are getting flooded by the torrential rainstorms.  The first day wasn't too bad, it rained just enough in the morning for Kylie to take one look at me and say, "Mom, I feel really bad for you. Just look at your hair and makeup".  And then it cleared up and we had an awesome rest of the day.  We bounced around from ride to ride and were lucky enough to have cousins here with us.  We all had grins ear to ear and even the little peanut had a grand old time soaking it all up in the comfort of the Baby Bjorn. Kylie and Jayden surprised me and lost all sense of fear as they took on the big rides like Tower of Terror and Space Mountain.  Maddox was in awe of it all and it made me so happy to see them so happy.  I also loved seeing everything all decked out for Halloween and got us all so excited for the holidays. Today we got all stocked up with more ponchos and umbrellas and were determined to not let a little rain get in the way of our Happily Ever After.  If anything, we thought the rain would scare everyone else away.  Too bad for us that everyone else had the same idea and not only was it crowded, but this time the crowds came armed with umbrellas to poke you in the lines.  Our optimism turned to sopping wet shoes and a chill to the bones.  By 2:00 we called it quits and headed back to the hotel for a hot soak in the tub and a trip to the laundromat dryer.  Jason took Kylie and Jayden back this evening and keeps texting me pictures of them having a blast on the rides, which is yay for them that they get to experience it but salt in an open wound for me who could care less that Max and Emmy are climbing on the backs of their dragon friends and now the adventure never ends.  Here are some pictures from the first day (and from Jay's phone) before being informed today that this is the only $700 camera I'm getting so if it gets ruined in the rain then too bad for me (and to think I was even willing to trade in my fireworks over the castle pictures for some great puddle jumping shots).

(The kids just came back and are talking a mile a minute about how much fun they had with Jason tonight. I'm glad to see that the rain didn't stop them from having an awesome time and making some great memories, besides the babies got some much needed sleep tonight so I just need to get over it.)






















9 comments:

Chelsea said...

oh man! rain is certainly not a plus, but I'm glad it isn't completely stopping the fun...and I've always wanted to see Disneyland in halloween dress up. So cute.

poor you though--dragon tales in a hotel room? ugh...so sorry for that!!

Janessa said...

I'm laughing and feeling so sad for you at the same time. What a total bummer! I'm glad you got some fun in but you definitely got jipped! Hopefully you got a nap and a little down time in at the hotel at least? I'm trying to find a silver lining here. The pictures you did get were super cute. I love the one of Kylie shaking it. Oh, and her comment about your hair and make up cracked me up! Don't worry, you look great. You pull of the drowned rat look well:) That Ryder is such a cute happy baby! Love his big smiles. Jayden and Maddox are just as studly as ever. That's fun that you got to meet up with Allen's family. I'm sure your kids loved being there with their cousins. There is one picture (from Jason's phone?) where Jason and Allen have the same face and pose with their hands. So funny! Hope the rest of your trip is a little more sunny. Love you!

Jodee said...

Boo for rain at Disneyland. and Boo for Dragon tales in the hotel- ugh.
I hope the sun comes out soon and you get to go on all the rides you want!
Bless that little girl, her sweet heart feeling sad for you and your hair/makeup ;) Gotta love that!

Suni said...

That stinks about the rain....Seriously you guys are FUN parents to take all your kids! I have always wanted to go to Disneyland in October, and this was our year to go but the thought of taking Averi made us (ME) have to pass for next year!!

Erin said...

I too was amazed by how many people were at Disneyland in the pouring rain. So fun to see you there even though we were all soaked.

Chelsea said...

ok so I have this idea....get a bunch of umbrellas from the dollar tree and hustle them at D-land in the rain. I could even just charge $3 and make a killing.

Andi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andi said...

I'm glad you got together with Allen's family even though it was raining. We all need to do Knotts Berry Farm in December. That was so fun.

Michelle Y. said...

So Fun! I can't believe Jayden went on Space Mtn., Tanner wouldn't go on it or Spash Mtn.