Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Conference

I always enjoy conference.  I don't particularly always enjoy watching it with the kids, though.  It is sometimes such a battle trying to get them to sit and watch, they're constantly complaining about being bored and we all get a little stir crazy after 2 straight days.  This time was different (granted we did record conference from Saturday and are slowly but surely getting through it, so there was really only one day that they had to sit), the kids found things to keep them entertained and quiet and we lasted the entire 4 hours without a single fight or complaint.  We had a nice big brunch in between sessions and it was such a pleasant day (although after 5hr & 45 min in a hot stuffy house in our stinky pajamas we all had reached our max and had to get out for a family bike ride).  I love the spirit that conference brings into our home and I love the renewed energy it gives me to be a better wife, mother and person. What a blessing it is to have a living prophet, he is so inspired and so endearing.  And Richard G. Scott....love that man.  Was his talk not the sweetest thing?? I love the way they talk about their wives with such love and admiration.   

Jayden woke up that morning determined to rebuild a Star Wars ship that he got for Christmas 2 years ago.  Do you know how hard it is to find every single little piece in the massive lego pile?  I don't, but Jason does.  It likes finding a needle in a hastack.  But true to Jayden's character (and Jason's), once he puts his mind to something he doesn't stop until he accomplishes it. 


 6 hours later....



I printed off every single one of the 30 pages from the conference activity packet. That made Jason happy.  Especially when Kylie only did 2 of them, but they did keep her entertained for quiet some time.





She said she wanted me to teach her how to crochet a flower.  She did this one all by herself and then came up with this cute hippy headband idea.  She was so excited about it that she made a few and couldn't wait to make some for her friends and wear them to school.  That lasted one day and then by Monday she decided she didn't like it anymore.  Welcome to the world of an 8 year old girl.  It drives me crazy the way she is dying for a certain shirt, pants, shoes, anything and then once I buy it for her she wears it once and decides she doesn't like it anymore. I can't say I've never done that before either, I guess it's a girl's perogative. You change your mind, like a girl changes clothes.....

4 comments:

Jodee said...

I feel your pain! those girls!
She did a fantastic job. Maybe you can hire her out when you get busy with your orders;)
And I think I am going to have to find some more creative conference packets, ours were nothing like that!

Janessa said...

Sounds like a fun, relaxing and uplifting conference. I'm impressed that Jayden and Jason found all the little pieces to that ship. Talk about patience! All of Kylie's projects are so cute! She's one talented crocheter. Too bad the hippy headband enthusiasm didn't last. It turned out super cute! Oh, and I did love Eler Scott's talk. I don't remeber which session it was, but after it was over it showed all of the apostles walking off the stand with their wives. It was sweet to watch them interact so candidly.

Chelsea said...

i'm super impressed but super depressed right now knowing that kylie can crochet a flower by herself. I got overwhelmed at step 2. I am completely hopeless. she is so lucky to have you! my poor children.

Chelsea said...

and the legos....oh yes. the dreaded "rebuild" request. its like nails on a chalkboard. why can't they keep all the pieces together and put them in a ziploc bag all nice and orderly without one piece astray??? don't they know that it will go SOOOO much smoother and faster? come on boys, wise up.