Sunday, December 27, 2015

Palm Springs

Before we left NZ I was determined to come back and do more exploring in our own back yard. Our first school break was coming up and I had a whole list of places we could explore, but when it came down to it the kids (and Jason) would much rather go to California and ride roller coasters than watch the world famous hot air balloon festival in New Mexico. I was a tad bit disappointed, but even though we've been to Cali more times than I can count, we managed to find a few new things to check out. Everyone was happy in the end. We've driven through Palm Springs countless times, admiring the hundreds of windmills but never stopping. Jason found this gondola ride up the mountain, and although I admit I was a little hesitant at first, given my track record with panic attacks on these things, but I'm so glad we went. It was such a beautiful and peaceful way to spend the day. This was the first time since we've been back that I felt I could completely devote all my time and attention to my family. Sunshine on a crisp day, wooded hiking trails, nature scavenger hunt, picnic on the rocks and zero distractions. My happy place. 

























2 comments:

Just me said...

Another (ANOTHER!) great blog post, the beauty of which is summed up in your own words: "This was the first time since we've been back that I felt I could completely devote all my time and attention to my family"… Love seeing you all out in nature. Maybe nature in all it's grand size allows us best of all to be more closely together? (PS Late Merry Christmas & Early Very Happy New Year).

Janessa said...

Okay, so for the record, I posted a comment on all your other posts up to this point, or so I thought. Technology isn't my strong suite. Instead of re-commenting, I'll just press on with the new material. Otherwise I don't know if I'll be able to get through it all. Anyway, looks like a fun little trip. Amazing pictures, as always. I'm glad you were able to get out in nature and find your happy place again.