Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ryder's baby blessing


What a special day for our little/big boy.  It started out hectic since our ward changed to 8:00 that day and I set my alarm wrong, so we were frantic to get out the door on time.  Once we all got settled into the last bench seat, the spirit was really strong.  Jason gave a beautiful prayer (except the times Maddox would randomly yell out "poop!").  I felt the pressure to bear my testimony (I'm pretty sure it was pressure not inspiration), but I'm glad that I did.  I'm glad I noticed the 3 buttons that had come undone on my blouse before I went up there.  I'm glad I didn't trip on my tall heels during the walk up.  I'm glad I didn't slip and say "boob" or something because I have this fear that my words will get mixed up and I'll accidentally say a bad word and so then my mind is filled with bad words that I'm trying to repress, and it's just a vicious cycle.  I'm not glad that I ended up crying like a baby, it did not do wonders for the post-blessing photo shoot.  But I am glad for the spirit that got me all choked up.  During the sacrament Maddox climbed on my lap and told me that Jesus is his best friend and then asked me if we could go to heaven together to play with him.  I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that one day we will be able to play together as a family in heaven (this is what I was trying to share in my testimony but I'm sure it came out as a blubbering mess).  I'm just so grateful for each of my kids that help to make our family and my life complete.  And Jason's kind of nice to have around too :).  Here are some notes from his blessing: "your family is happy to have you in our home...your family will be here for you for advice and assistance...you are blessed with a desire to choose the right...you will be able to take what you learn and make righteous choices...you are blessed to grow and develop properly...you have a love for your savior and will grow to understand the atonement and draw closer to him...you will have a desire to preach and share the gospel both as a missionary and to those around you."

We missed having "real" family around for the event (although we consider our friends our family now), but my mom was so sweet and knit this beautiful blanket so that she could still be a part of his big day.  She started it when she came down for his birth and I couldn't believe how time consuming it was, it makes me appreciate it even more knowing all the love that went into each stitch.  Thank you mom!!






 


3 comments:

Janessa said...

Glad you made it to church in time. What a special day. Ryder is a special boy. I'm excited to see who he grows up to be. I love Maddox's comment about playing together in heaven. What a sweetheart! I wish I could have heard you bear your testimony. I was totally cracking up about your inner turmoil. Glad you made it through antother testimony without a slip up:) That blanket is beautiful! What a special keepsake for him. Those are really great pictures of Ryder. I love that one with is great big smile. Love that boy! Oh, and you look hot!

Chelsea said...

I've learned that you only bust out the camera when I have a mouth full of food. Or maybe I just always have a mouth full of food....

It was a beautiful day! So happy to be included in it. Ryder is as precious as they come!

Jodee said...

What a great day for you all. Ryder is a lucky little guy to be surrounded by such amazing people. And I am loving your outfit on blessing day, so cute!