Thursday, August 04, 2011

Happy birthday to ME!



I told myself that I wasn't going to be a bratt on my birthday, like I usually always am. I tried not to be bitter when Jason was out of town leaving me to the 6 AM shift and to fend for myself for breakfast. Instead I wore my favorite jeans, spritzed on a little date night perfume and cranked "Superbass" while we got through the morning routine. I liked getting serenaded by Jason over the phone and only accused Kylie once of ruining my birthday because birthdays do not allow for 9 year olds to complain about bracelets not matching.  I loved the kid sized birthday loves and wishes then scooted them out the door so I could drop off the little guys at my friend Melissa's house and treat myself to a little shopping. This is where the real fun comes in, because I no longer had to TRY to not be a bratt because my friends totally surprised me with a birthday lunch and I got the kind of birthday I always wish for.  They went all out and spoiled me like they always do, I don't know how I got so lucky to have such great friends! Thankyou, thankyou, girls!! It was the perfect way to spend the afternoon, great food and lots of laughing. Then after slaving away all morning to put together my party, Melissa still insisted on watching my kids while I went shopping all afternoon.  It was quite lovely.  Jason was able to come back in time for dinner and we had a fun evening with the family at Joe's farm grill. Jason totally got off the hook, he didn't have to do a thing and I still felt like a queen all day. We were both happy.  Then on Saturday we went with some couples out to dinner and a comedy club, such a fun night and such a fun birthday! Thirty-one, bring it on.










4 comments:

Janessa said...

I'm so glad you got the wonderful birthday that you deserve. I love that you have such awesome friends that spoil you to pieces since I'm not there to do it myself. Thanks ladies! 31 looks dang good on you Jame!

Chelsea said...

a perfect day! and you deserve it my friend!

Michelle Y. said...

I'm glad to hear you had a Happy Birthday, you are such a great friend you really do deserve it :)

Jodee said...

Awe, Happy Birthday Jame. What good friends you have. That cake looks delish!