Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Just another day

I loved this idea on iheartfaces.com to document your day with photographs (which would have been a heck of a lot easier if I had an iphone, whipping out the Cannon in the middle of Wal-mart isn't exactly discreet). Birthdays and vacations are great memories but so are those insignificant moments that make up our daily lives.  Like Ryder's smile when I get him out of bed in the morning; or how Fridays are Kylie and Jayden's favorite day of the week because they get to buy a lunch instead of making one and because it means ice-cream truck day for all 9 of the kids crammed in our carpool; or how Jayden obsesses over the gas gage everytime he gets in the car; or how Ryder's peppermint lotion is my favorite smell in the world; or my morning ritual of checking my email while eating breakfast and losing my appetite when people post about bodily functions on their fb status; or Maddox watching morning cartoons with his "new snuggles", cup of milk, bag of cereal and entourage of treasures (baby Thomas, 2 quarters, giraff, blue bus, purple ball and the now one-legged "Big Red"); or how Maddox can't go to Wal-mart without getting his free cookie; or how it made me sad to donate all Ryder's newborn clothes before weighing him in at almost 14lbs at his 2 month visit; or how during naptime Maddox sneaks into Kylie's room, dumps out her garbage can then uses it as a stool to raid her piggy bank; or how I look forward to after school snack time and hearing about their day, or how Kylie eats, drinks and sleeps dance and I love hearing her sing Selena Gomez in the shower; or Jayden busting out his homework the minute he walks in the door (anything for more computer and tv time), but Kylie is a different story; or how Jayden prefers watching tv upside down; or how Maddox asks to "pet baby Ryder's head" atleast 15 times a day; or how it has become a tradition to get Papa Johns every time that Jason comes home from a business trip; or how Maddox asks for "just one" juice box about 5 times throughout the day and uses the stool to get it after I tell him no; or how I love snuggling up reading bedtime stories and Jayden thinks it's such a treat to read in my bed so he doesn't keep Maddox up; or how I love "talk time" with Kylie and Jayden and how I equally love finally kicking my feet up at the end of the night. I couldn't believe how many pictures I had of us doing nothing, but some of these pictures are my new favorites. Here is how our random, insignificant Tuesday went down...





















5 comments:

Janessa said...

LOVE IT!!! I feel like I just lived your day with you. Such great pictures. I'm definitely going to have to steal this idea:) Connor has gotten old enough to be in on the free cookie at walmart secret. As soon as we round the corner that leads to the bakery he starts screaming "Cookie!" He and Maddox would have a grand old time together at walmart.

Kelly said...

A perfect post!

Chelsea said...

my personal favorite is the last picture. That's me every day at 4:00 :)

because of my lame camera, all I've taken lately is cell pics! and that darn phone is getting all the love these days, its just too darn convenient to take day to day moments like these with. Better than nothing I suppose.

Great post.

Jodee said...

I love this. You are right, those day to day things don't get enough credit sometimes. I may just try this- when I get caught up with the million other posts i have to do. Ugh!

Michelle Y. said...

I LOVE it! Great post, I want to copy it :)