Saturday, December 15, 2007

Love Song

After one of our little diversity ("everyone is special because everyone is different") talks, I overheard Kylie singing this song that she made up:

"Our family is different and our family is special because my mom is the only one that's not Chinese and everyone else is Chinese. But that's okay, we still love her even though she's not Chinese and we'll still play with her anyways"

I'm glad to hear she'll still play with me despite my lack of Chineseness, what a funny girl :)

So I'm bummed, I can't find my USB cable and can't upload any new pics until we order a new one....so much camera drama.

I had a bad mom moment. Last week was Kylie's turn to be the star of the week. This is a huge deal in the life of a kindergartner. She got to bring home "Freedom Bear" for the week and write a journal entry about what she did with him. She also made a poster and the big culminating event was held on Friday where I got to go in and watch her present her poster to the class and then stay and eat lunch with her. I didn't write it on my calendar, thinking that a good mom would never forget an event like this. So come Friday, where do you think I am? Yes, shopping my little heart out at Wally-world when I see that the school had tried calling several times. Of course I was all worried that she was sick and something had happened, it never even crossed my mind that I had missed the star student presentation. When I finally got a hold of her teacher she must have thought that I was such a horrible mom. She was nice to let her do the presentation the next week instead. I felt so bad, hopefully Kylie wasn't too heartbroken. It was fun to go and watch her the next week and I have pics from her cute little presentation that I'll post whenever I get the darn cable.

Jason got to go with some friends to the Suns game and had such a fun time. I was so jealous because I wanted to go and see Jenny (if you didn't know that she's my girl from "The Bachelor" who is a Suns dancer, then you're probably not my true friend :). I tried to convince him to atleast take the camera and get a picture with her for me. For some reason he didn't think that would be considered cool in front of the other guys. I'm not sure why...

Hope everyone is enjoying getting ready for the holidays, I can't believe it's so soon!

19 comments:

Kelly said...

I am laughing out loud at Kylie's song. She's hysterical!

Jodee said...

Awe Jamie, I am so glad your daughter still loves you even though your different! Will she still play with you even though you forgot her presentation? That is the real question! That stinks, sorry about the bad mom moment. Just know that we all have moments like that, as much as we would like to avoid them, they happen! I still love you!

Michelle Y. said...

I love Kylie's song, that is so cute! Ok, you were watching Tanner on Friday, I feel so bad, I hope that wasn't part of the reason you forgot.

Sheba Price said...

Jamie, I am on the floor right now! You crack me up! I have been gone from the blog world for a while so I will have to do some catching up! I love Kylie's song so much, I am wondering if you can teach my FHE next week and we can open with that song? :) We are different over here too for anyone reading this. Anyway, I am sure Kylie's teacher does not think that you are a bad mom! For Pete's sake I don't think anyone can say anything bad about you! You are the nicest person and the greatest mom out there!
Okay enough brown nosing, what is up with camera's lately? Mine is busted hence the "favorite things list." I am wanting to post some pics of my house all decorated with Christmas stuff! Darn! I hope I get one from Santa! See you soon!

Marisa said...

I love that you tried to get him to take a picture of Jenny. did he see her? Or does he not manly-like even know what she looks like :-)? I bet you felt so bad about the star of the week moment--I can totally see me thinking the exact thing of never forgetting something so huge. Lately I'm right there forgetting so many things I think I'd never forget. Wow...I don't think I'm making sense. Anyways--good stories!

nicole said...

Jenny is so cute and I really hate the bachelor for not choosing either one. Who does he think he is?

Heidi Ann said...

I'll admit you are pretty cool for not being chinese! Poor Kylie, hopefully she'll forget, ya think?

foreveryoung said...

Oh yes, he did see her and don't you worry he does know what she looks like. He's going to kill me for telling on him but I think he's addicted to the show as much as I am. In fact, he not only recognized her, but he even noticed that she had changed her hair color (it's totally black)--now he's really going to kill me :)

DAVE AND CANDACE BOLLARD said...

That song is so funny! I totally laughed out loud. I guess I never really think about your kids being Chinese and not you. That's hilarious! Also, I feel kind of bad admitting this, but I'm glad you had a bad mom moment. You are the greatest mom ever! It just helps me to know that you can forget something too. I forget stuff that I shouldn't all the time. It will be cute to be able to tell Kylie that story when something like that happens with one of her kids. :)

Chelsea said...

what? SUPER mom made a mistake? now that sounds like something I would do. You are such a good mom & so good about writing everything down, I am not! I LOVE the chinese song, how frickin hilarious, I want to hear it live. and its ok, I still like you too even though you are just plain caucasion!

Suni said...

Kylie's song is sooo cute....how funny! You are such a good mom, don't worry it happens to all of us sooner or later. I can't believe you couldn't get Jason to take a picture!

Brooklyn said...

WOW! COuld Kylie be any cuter! I LOVE LOVE her song. It is hilarious! And please, your perfect Jamie, don't feel to bad about star week. Now you understand how us "not super" moms feel often! How on earth can we remember EVERYTHING if we don't have an assistant! I LOVE your company party pics. I get excited for events like that to. Really though, you look stunning!

Rohm Family said...

Terrell is a secret Bachelor fan too :) I still can't beleive he dumped both of them- jenny was so cute. :) Sorry you had a bad mom day.

Rachel said...

This is the best post! So many things to comment on and so little time. So, I agree with everyone elses comments.

P.S. I did get your card. Super cute family picture and it was great hearing about what the fam is up to.

The Morris Fam said...

I'm actually relieved to hear that you aren't absolutely PERFECT. You are my role model for a mom! You are amazing.... Kylie will totally forget what happened!

-Tara

Crystal said...

How sad! She'll recover, except now that you have this in print she'll hold it over your head when she's 17...remember when you forgot it was my turn to be star of the week and you were shopping! Guilt returns. Oh, well. It won't be the last time.

Nichols Family said...

Don't worry...you're still a great mommy. That's sooooo funny. At least you were doing some fun shopping and not sleeping or watching soaps.;) Merry Christmas.

Janessa said...

That is the funniest song EVER! What a cute girl. I'm glad she can look beyond the obvious difference. How sad about the Star of the Week incident. I'm glad you were able to recover from that one and go in the next week. Hurry cable! We want to see pictures.

Alisa Larson said...

What an awesome song! Go Kylie! Don't feel too bad with the "mom moment" - we all get them from time to time. Luckily you can make it up to her on Christmas morning! :-)