Monday, December 17, 2007

Breakfast With Santa

Our ward had scheduled a breakfast with Santa in the park, but after waking up to a rainstorm (does it really rain here?) some people in the ward were so nice and extra brave to host the event at their house and invite the whole ward to tromp through their house (did I mention there's like 500 people in our ward?) with their muddy shoes and drink hot chocolate on their carpet. Oh, they better get lots of extra blessings for that! It was a fun morning and saved us from standing in the line for an hour at the mall! The kids were so excited to see Santa. Jayden got a little nervous as it got closer to his turn, but the temptation of a miniature candy cane and Scooby-Doo top was enough to do the trick.


We were laughing at this pimp-like hat that they had in their toy box, or maybe it was just Kylie's attitude that made it look that way!

Decorating the Christmas tree (and Kylie)



And finally, here's the picture from Kylie's shining moment as the star student. She did forgive me for forgetting and was so excited that Jayden and I could be there for her presentation and lunch. She looked so cute up there, it was a proud mommy moment.

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

ah ha..rude awakening! I thought today was Wednesday ALL DAY I have been telling Kosty Dewper when he wakes up! Thanks for your comment or we would have been sitting in an empty mall at 10 am! YIKES! Where did the week go!?

Unknown said...

Loved catching up on your posts, and sorry also about the lack of Chineseness too. I have the same problem. I am sometimes "grinch green" though. Your "Prom" pictures are adorable. I still need to post about our work Christmas party. Its not quite as fun as yours.

Shanen said...

Kylie looks adorable atanding up in front of the class. My girls have never let me dress them that cute and put those cute bows in their hair. What did I do wrong???

Brooklyn said...

Love the star moment! SHe looks sooo cute!!!!!! And I love the breakfast with santa pics.

Angie Whitman said...

Hey, thanks for the invite. Now I feel like I'm part of the cool crowd:). That is a HUGE deal to be the star student. Makenzie, every week for the first two months of school, would come home and be sad when she wasn't it for the next week. The curse of having a last name that starts with "W" and having a teacher who does things alphabetically! Your blog is fun and I love the diversity song!

Janessa said...

That was a very brave family to host such an event. The Santa pictures are so cute. I love the way Jayden looks like he's going to jet as soon as he get the little candy cane and top. The sassy hat picture is great! I'm glad you were able to smooth things over with the star of the week thing. She looks so cute and big!

Jodee said...

Sassy is right, that gir's got attitude, she is adorable! We miss her so so much! I am glad she was able to share her shining star moment with you Jame, you deserve to be a proud mommy! Love ya!

Alisa Larson said...

I love the pimp picture of Kylie - that is a classic! Looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas!