Thursday, December 27, 2018

Halloween 2018

I just love the holidays with kids, and I'm especially savoring each one as they are growing older. And by "savoring" I mean I am still packing Halloween themed lunches for my high school and middle schooler. I wasn't planning to but they both said they wanted it, although they may have regretted their decision when they were sucking kool-aid out of a crepe paper wrapped mummy and eating ghost poop. The theme for this year's costumes was, "whatever you can find in the Halloween box". Kylie almost went with the size 3T Spider Man costume, except that it gave her a serious camel toe. She ended up as a life guard then changing into a zombie. Jayden came out in the doggy costume he wore when he was two and we couldn't stop laughing. He ended up wearing it to the ward trunk or treat and a Halloween party. All the girls loved it, as you can imagine. Maddox went with a zombie, once again I was grateful that Kylie did his makeup. Ryder ended up wearing Maddox's costume from last year and I was thrilled to not have to buy a single costume this year. We had Tyson and Dawn's family over for our mystery cafe. Maddox has been begging me to make homemade root beer for the past year. We tried making it at Janessa's house but we couldn't find dry ice and I accidentally doubled the amount of club soda. I was determined to redeem myself and make it for Halloween. I was excited to track down some dry ice, and Maddox was even more excited since it has been his dream to experiment with dry ice since forever. It was so fun to make it in our witches cauldron and it turned out really good, I think this may be the start of a new tradition. We took the golf cart around and ended up with way more candy than any child should ever have. Thankful for another memorable Halloween!









Before Halloween we had a Young Women's Halloween scavenger hunt. It was bittersweet because this was also my last activity as a laurel advisor. I have absolutely loved serving with these amazing girls and leaders and have especially loved having Kylie in my class. It will be sad to not see them every Sunday and Wednesday, but they'll always have a special place in my heart. And I'm looking forward to serving in the nursery, if I can't be with the young women, then playing with babies is the next best thing!





No comments: