Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Fourteen

Happy birthday to this handsome boy! His birthday fell on a Sunday, which is never fun when you're a kid. Especially when you have 8:00 am church. Instead of breakfast in bed he got a donut on a pink plastic plate before rushing out the door. Jason did take him to cash in on free food from Joe's and Dutch Bro's. We had his favorite chocolate cake for desert and played a classic game of "who knows Jayden" that night. If I'm being honest, It was sort of a lame as far as birthdays go. But we made it up to him by getting him a new iphone 8. Even if he did have to wait almost a month to get it. But Jason did take his friends out on the lake the next weekend to celebrate as well. So all in all I think ringing in his 14th year of birth was a pretty good one, even though I don't have very many photos to prove it! Spending the last 14 years raising this young man has been a pleasure. Sure I may not understand his incessant need to play Fortnite all day, but when it comes to things that matter, this boy is one good cookie. He makes me proud in all the best ways. The way he is so polite and respectful to other adults, the way he reads his scriptures every night no matter how late it is, the way he has worked hard starting his own lawn mowing business, the way he is always the first one to offer to help, the way he has managed to have straight A's every year, the way he scored a 96% on his language arts final when almost everyone else failed, the way he pushes himself to improve in basketball, the way he is a good friend to others, and  the way he sings that one line in Drake's song "I only love my bed and my mom I'm sorry". Okay he only sang it once and now regrets it because I turn that part up every time the song comes on now.  We love you Jayden, happy birthday!    




No comments: