Friday, October 26, 2018

Tombstone

Tombstone has been on my Arizona bucket list for quite some time now. I come from a long ine of cowboy stock, I grew up hearing stories of my great grandpa growing up in the same town as Butch Cassidy and running into him on occasion. The history of the Wild West has always fascinated me and the movie "Tombstone" was one of the first VHS tapes we bought as a married couple. Since the boys have an extra week off of school for Fall break then I decided to take them on a road trip to visit Aunt Nessa and their cousins in El Paso. Tombstone wasn't too far out of the way, so I decided to make a stop. It was also my first time doing a little collaboration with my travel site. I approached them for tickets to the OK Corral in exchange for instagram posts and stories and they said yes. I was a little nervous and even dreamed the night before that I had forgotten my camera, but it ended up being a lot of fun and saved us $40! The boys loved the gun fight re-enactment and getting ice cream at the general store. But truth be told, the rusty swings at the city park was their favorite part! It's a fun place to stroll around, I wish we had more time but the boys were antsy to get back on the road. The drive down was actually quite miserable, if I'm being honest. I took Jason's car since my Sequoia is such a gas guzzler. Three boys in a car for six hours in pouring rain was enough to just about do me in. Although I can now look back and laugh at the Wendy's escapade when we went through the drive-thru and rain was pouring through the open window while I could not figure out how the 4 for $4 deal worked out. Thank goodness I had Jayden there to explain that indeed the chicken nuggets come with every meal and it is not necessary to order them separately-ha! Thankfully we made it to Texas in one piece and the unforgettable memories we made that week made it all worth it!






























No comments: