Monday, September 24, 2018

38

I am feeling it this year. Feeling tired, feeling like my metabolism is crawling at a snails pace, feeling just plain old. I've peaked and it's all down hill from here. Thankfully I've got a family who loves me, despite my developing wrinkles and saggy back side. The youth lake trip was on the morning of my birthday and Ryder had been invited to a birthday party, so that left Maddox and I alone for a nice birthday brunch. He was the perfect gentleman and I quite enjoyed our time together. He was so sweet to save up his allowance and ask Kylie to take him to the store to pick out the perfect plant for me. Be still my heart. 


And then there's Ryder that decided he would rather spend his money on Pokemon cards, but he still wanted a picture with me. I'll take what I can get. 


We went to Joe's Farm Grill and shared pancakes the size of my head. And took awkward pictures sitting across from each other, as one does in a public place on their birthday. 





We were sure to stop by for a free drink at Dutch Bro's on the way home. That evening we went out with the Herrera's to dinner at Joe's BBQ and to the movies to see the new Mission Impossible. Jason surprised me and bought me an Apple Watch. It was Kylie's idea and they were so excited to give it to me and couldn't wait so they gave it to me the night before. It was the perfect birthday and helped soften the blow of growing old.

No comments: