Thursday, August 10, 2017

So long to summer

Two weeks before school starts I find myself wishing the long days of summer wouldn't come to an end. The last week before school starts I find myself wanting to poke my eyeballs out while simultaneously breaking up wrestling matches and mopping up wet foot prints for the 500th time. I quite frequently find myself hiding in the car after errands, listening to 90's alternative music while gathering the courage to go inside and face the chaos. There's something about taking those ceremonial first steps down the back to school aisle that triggers something in my brain and I am itching for schedules and routines and a quiet house for 6 hours a day. But looking back at these pictures make me wonder why I was in such a rush to pack up those lunches and scoot them out the door with their fresh hair cuts and collared shirts tucked in. Glad we have these last pictures of a sweet summer gone by to look back on.



































No comments: