Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Back to school


Big changes this year as Jayden starts junior high. It has been a smooth transition for him, with the only complaint being that he has to wake up an hour earlier. But the upside is that he no longer has to wear uniforms. He was cute and requested that Kylie come with us to help pick out his back to school clothes. It was a fun day, even though poor Jayden ran into the clothing rack not once but twice. Which could only be made better by In-n-out burgers. I like seeing these two hang out again, now that he's getting older and they have more in common and I hope they continue to discover that friendship they had years ago when they played Barbies and Transformers together. 



The rainstorm that made our evening complete the night before sure made for a pretty wet first day of school. It didn't let up all night or all morning, but at least I had an excuse to drive him to the bus stop and see him off on his first day.







And then came the send off for these two strapping young men. We sent them on the bus so they could get used to the routine then followed behind in the car so that we could see them in their classrooms. The rain let up momentarily at the bus stop but turned into a torrential downpour once we got to the school. Even with an umbrella Jason and I were soaked through. Ryder was a little embarrassed by the hair situation I had going on. But they both looked happy and settled. I think it's going to be another great year. And I took full advantage that these two still let me take lots of back to school pictures.



 





I've turned into the neighborhood trolley from the bus stop home

 






And then this girl decided to change schools this year. The new school has a great dance program, she tried out this summer and made their school company team. Her two best friends from dance are going there this year too so I think it should be a good change. She didn't start until 2 weeks after the boys and I really liked having some one on one time with her. We went to the gym together and had a few shopping days and lunch dates together. I really really liked this one on one time with her, I was sad when it was time for her to go to school. She does have to wear uniforms, but she was okay with it since it takes out the stress of choosing an outfit every day. And now I'm left with a quiet house and a to do list a mile long to fill my time. It's been a great summer but getting back to schedules and routines is always a little refreshing. Happy first day!


No comments: