Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Joy


One of my favorite things to do in the evenings when the house is quiet, is to curl up under a blanket with Modern Family playing in the background as I sort through and edit photos. No matter if it took days to clean up every tiny round sprinkle spilled on the floor, or if I can't make a single meal without at least one child refusing to eat it, or if I was up at 1 AM the night before changing sheets or if my white linen table cloth was tied to the back of a scooter and drug around the yard, no matter if I can't get my 5 year old to stop calling people poop face and even if our family movie night ended early with everyone in tears being sent to their rooms. Yes, no matter what happened during the day, at night when I'm left alone with the pictures of their smiling faces I can no longer remember the bad moments, those are quickly being shoved aside by the memories of all the good ones. Like on a crisp winter day when the leaves finally began to fill our yard and the boys loaded them on the tramp and had a confetti party. I'm quite certain shirtless little boys and belly laughs are the definition of joy. Yes, these are the moments I never want to forget.








No comments: