Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ferrymead

Boats, trains and wild animals. This last week of summer pretty much fulfilled all of Ryder's wildest dreams. Except for a camel ride. That is actually his wildest dream. This was the last voucher we had to cash in, and even though Jayden was gone to a birthday party it was now or never. Ferrymead is a little town set up to reflect an older time period where you can buy homemade jam from the general store, .50 could get you into the picture show and the one room school house boasted a shiny brass bell. Sometimes I fantasize about living back then when life was simple, a living was earned by the sweat of your brow, straws were shared at the soda fountain bar and kids ran around outside from sun up to sun down instead of staring at a electronic screen. But, ya know, baking bread every day would get real old real fast. And I'm not exactly sure what their hairspray situation is, so maybe I'm not really cut out for it. But it was fun to take a little peak into that lifestyle, if only for a few hours on a blazing hot afternoon. I could feel the sweat trickling down my back and didn't dare raise my arms. But you know I'll take the heat over the cold any day.











Getting their train ticket stamped and making it legit. This sweet old man had the quietest little whispery voice and Ryder's impersonation of him had us all rolling on our red pleather train seats laughing.









Little People in a Big World....we had the best time with these fun house mirrors.


2 comments:

Jodee said...

I want to live there too... for a second.
And I am dying at how perfect Maddox's face fits in that cutout. So funny with the ears! Looks fantastically hot there. I am sure it's just getting you geared up for your year long summer ;)

Janessa said...

What a perfect place to live. For the day anyway. Yeah, I don't think they'd do hairspray. haha! I have to hear Ryder's impersonation sometime! Your kids are so fun! Good luck finding that camel :)