Wednesday, January 30, 2013

First hair cut

He doesn't have much hair, but what little hair he does have is so long and whispy.  It was time.  It was actually past time, but the last two rainy days called for pajamas and I needed it to be forever known in the blurb record books that I do indeed shower. I was expecting tears and was prepared with cookie bribes, but he was so chill.  Except who knew cutting and shaping whispy hair could be so difficult?! It ended up being a bit of a hack job, but I'm sure a little combover will do the trick.  I will miss his static strands sticking straight up when he goes down slides and I'm a little ticked at how the loss of a few hairs can make him look so grown up. Thankfully, the little peach fuzzy shoulders remind me that he is still my baby. {And as a side note, my 9th grade biology class taught me that dark hair is the dominate gene, so how did 3/4 of my Asian babies end up with my pre-colored light hair? Didn't Jason know that I married him for his thick shiny dark hair and the hope of it getting bestowed upon my future heirs? Oh, and for his motorcycle.}






2 comments:

Janessa said...

Awe, sweet baby! He looks so handsome. A haircut just grows them up like nobody's business! I can't believe how good he was to just sit there. If only he knew that he could have had a cookie if he had just shed a tear or two. And look at you, blazer and all just to give a hair cut! I would have thought you just sat around in your pajamas all day if you hadn't set the record straight:)

Jodee said...

Oh those fuzzy little shoulders are perfect! Such a cute smile he has. And I don't believe for a second that you spend your days in pijamas!