Sunday, August 19, 2012

Jayden's baptism


Such a beautiful day.  Seeing Jayden get baptized was such a special experience, especially seeing the transformation (even if temporary) afterwards.  While most boys his age have been wearing "future missionary" name tags since they emerged from the womb, Jayden has told me that he doesn't want to serve a mission, he'd rather live at home and play video games all day.  When talking about his baptism the one thing he was the most excited about was the candygram that my friend had promised to make for him.  I know he's still young, but now is the time to start planting the seeds of his testimony.  With that being said, seeing Jayden light up with the spirit at his baptism was amazing.  Seeing him read his scriptures on his own during sacrament meeting the next day and even marking his favorite verses just did me in.  It just so happened to be a missionary farewell and when he turned to me and said that he is so excited to go on a mission to Paris (he's convinced that's where he'll be called), I realized that this kid really is a good egg.  He may give me a run for my money, but he's got good roots and a sweet heart.  It's hard living so far away from family, especially during special occassions like this, but we are so grateful for our friends here that have become our family.  My friend delegated herself to be in charge of Ryder during the baptism and it was so nice to be able to just sit there with my arm around Jayden and focus on the speakers and especially the spirit.  We had a lunch at our house afterwards, I didn't get any pictures because I was too busy refilling (and eating) the brownie plate and hanging with friends, but just imagine our house filled to the brim with people and love.  So grateful for Jayden and the choices he is making, so grateful for the gospel in our lives and so grateful for the loving and supporting people we are surrounded by.






3 comments:

Tyler and Margaret said...

LOVE HIM! Love you guys. He is most definitely a "good egg". when I was reading your post about the funeral I was thinking that there had to be some good Jayden stories. :) Tell him congrats and love him for me!

Janessa said...

What a special day! He is just so darn handsome. I love that boy and am so proud of him for getting baptized. I know he's got good roots deep down under all the video games. He's got good parents that are planting seeds that may not show through all the time. They're there though and it's always a wonderful thing as a parent to see 'em shining through. I'm glad it was such a neat experience for all of you! Love you Jayden!!!

Chelsea said...

it was a great day! He looks so grown up. I SO cannot imagine Kosty doing this in a little more than a year. No way. Can't be. At least Jayden is an older brother of two, how can a baby turn 8 years old! eek