Thursday, August 16, 2012

In case you haven't noticed, we don't have a beach in our backyard

As I was thumbing through the Family Fun magazine on our way home from the beach I found the perfect craft project to have on hand for when Maddox asks to do another crap project.  Because Maddox WILL be asking to do another crap project.  I saw something similar on pinterest, but it called for baby oil and let's be honest, I haven't bought baby oil since 1996 when I spent the entire summer on the back deck working on my skin cancer with the Spin Doctors keeping me company on the boombox.  This version called for vegetable oil, and I can do vegetable oil.  Just mix 4 cups of flour and 1/2 cup of vegetable oil for the closest thing to building sandcastles in the desert.  Two thumbs up, way up. 



2 comments:

Chelsea said...

awesome! just like moon sand! (which ended up in the trash shortly after christmas, mean mom)

Janessa said...

I saw that one and thought about giving it a try. I'm glad to see that it really works. Thanks for sharing!