Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Rock on


I think it's safe to say that tonight was one of Kylie's best nights ever. We went with a big group of friends to the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lavato/Camp Rock concert. I was so excited to score such a sweet deal on the GA lawn tickets but when we got there we realized why they were so cheap.  They were so far back on the lawn that you could barely see or hear (why they didn't put speakers in the back is still a mystery to me). I thought Kylie would be happy to just hang out with her friends, but I underestimated this girl and her will to rock.  She convinced me to squeeze our way to the front of the lawn section where she (we, give me credit) stood squished and sweaty for the entire remaining 2 hours. Some of her friends came and hung out for a little but eventually went back to the blankets and some even fell asleep.  She was a hardcore rocker (yes, the Jo Bro's are considered a rock concert when you're 8 years old) and I loved seeing her eyes light up and the way she would dance and sing everytime they played a song that she knew.  It was a great show and I may have even busted a move here and there to emberass her, cause that's what moms are supposed to do.


The fact that I'm doing the "I love you" sign instead of the rock&roll sign in no way suggests the kind of concert goer I am. While we're on the subject, I don't know why my mouth is open in all of these pictures either. I'm not even going to guess what Kylie's got going on in this picture. Like mother like daughter.





11 comments:

Pacefamily said...

Sooo funny!! I can't believe Kylie is getting so big and MATURE!!! The Jo Bros must have just come from your place because I think they were here last night!! Some friends of our went... I am glad you guys had fun! You are such a hot momma!

Janessa said...

You are hereby officially the coolest funnest mom ever! What a great memory maker! You can tell she was totally in heaven. I love that her and her friends have on the shirts they made at her party. So cute! Too bad you couldn't take your camera in. Glad you still got some good shots!

Jodee said...

love it! Kylie is hard core! and you are too funny, I love your version of the "rock on" hand.

Suni said...

How fun that a big group of you went together!! Mark took our girls and Abby loved it and Gracie thought it was too loud!!

Julie and Matt said...

Fun night! You got some great pictures! Kylie was a die hard. She rocked out until the bitter end!

Troy and Sam said...

How fun! You are such a cool mom. I love reading your blog. It looks like they enjoyed it very much.

Nichols Family said...

Sooooo fun you guys! Great pictures Jamie. I just got caught up on your life. I'm still cracking up at the popcycle/tampon picture in Tucson. That's a hoot.
:)

Tyson and Dawn Jolley said...

How cool is that?! I bet the girls had a blast! But you know what's funner?
Christmastime.You.Me.Downeast Outfitters....oh yea...

nicole said...

Kylie is so cute and knows how to rock just like her mama :) Yes, I'll still be here in October, so we'll have to get together!!! I'm so excited!

The Morris Fam said...

You are such a cute stinkin mom. How fun. That totally made me laugh!!! I can't believe how grown up Kylie is getting. Time flies! Miss you!!!

Amber! said...

If you can't rock out to Jo Bro and Demi, you aren't living it large!