Sunday, August 23, 2009

At J-dub with P-dub

I really can't be too mad at PWC for making Jason travel so much when we get to go stay with him at places like the J.W. Marriott. Since he was going to be in Tucson for 2 weeks I decided to take the kids out of school for a day to go and stay with him (for our weekly conjugal visit, as my friend Heidi referred to it). We had the best time and I only wish we could have stayed for the entire two weeks. We held onto our tradition of dinner at Oregano's (that place is always so crowded, but their chicken caesar salad and pazookie's make it oh soooo worth it), then Jason took the kids for a late night swim. Usually when we go to Tucson we spend the day out at the zoo, park or just exploring around. This time we had all the fun we needed right at the hotel. With a water slide, splash pad, lazy river and several pools, the kids were in heaven and we only took a break long enough for lunch and a nap for Maddox (and homework, what a buzz kill). They thought the slide was especially fun since the life guard could care less if they went down backwards, upside down, on top of each other, whatever goes. I decided to stay that night then woke up and left at 6:30 the next morning to get Kylie to school on time. I wish our "fieldtrip" (as Jayden calls any vacation we go on) was longer, but we definately made the most of it!

14 comments:

Janessa said...

Good ol' PWC comin' through for you. Nice. I'm glad you were all able to go down and hang out even if it was a short trip. You're such a great mom to do that. After so much time without Jason, it was a much deserved break for all of you. That sounds like an awesome hotel. You got some great pictures. I love the pictures of Maddox by the water fountains and that last picture of Kylie and Jayden snuggled together in the towel. What cuties!

Chelsea said...

And even better...the place looked totally empty! Score!

p.s. Good thing I happened to learn what a conjugal visit was a couple weeks ago, how random, otherwise I would've thought it was a major mispell of somekind!

Michelle Y. said...

I love the pictures of Maddox, he is getting so big. I can't believe you got up so early just so Kylie could make it to school on time, what a good mommy.

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

My goodness! I feel so out of touch with the blogging world! All these updates, and tonights the first time I saw them! I feel so behind!! You do such a beautiful job of writing Jamie! I love reading all your family updates! You are one brave lady to take care of your kiddos by yourself for two weeks! Josh went away for work and I had my mom come out here for a week, and then I flew my sister out too! I hate being alone! Way to go for braving it wonderwoman!!

Cammi said...

Looks like you all had a blast. I love that place, but we have yet to go as a family. Hopefully soon!

Jodee said...

Who needs a water park when you get to stay at the J-Dub! Sometimes those are the BEST type of va-cay's.

Kristin said...

So awesome. The place looks heavenly! I love the picture of your kids hugging and the one of Kylee holding Maddox. I love the pic of Maddox crawling he looks just like Preston. I think they are the cutest boys ever! I need to call you, I wanted to ask about the milk thing. I took Preston to the dr. and he wieghed 1 ounce shy of 21 pounds! Can we say HEFTY!? I love seeing Maddox's milestones too.

The Morris Fam said...

That totally looks like fun. I love going on Nate's work trips with him too. Love the pics and love you guys!

Suni said...

That place looks so fun!! You are such a fun mom!! I love that you get conjugal visits!!

Suni said...

Oh by the way, I don't think that restaurant was ever classy, that doesn't exist up there!! I should just tell you some of the dates I have been on, good old country fun!!

Julie and Matt said...

Cute pics! I'm still impressed you got Kylie up so early to get to school. What a fun little mini-vacation/conjugal visit!!!

Heidi said...

You got some great pictures Jamie. I'm glad you and the kids got to hang out with Jason even if just for one night.

Amber! said...

Maddox is so stinking adorable. I want to squeeze his cheeks!

Jessica 洁玲 said...

I LOVE the pic with Maddox in the fountains and that little smirk on his face. PRICELESS!