Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!
(I don't know if I'll ever get caught up on posts...)

It's easy for me to convince my kids that Santa is real, but I'm having a hard time making things like the Easter Bunny seem believable. I don't even know if he's supposed to be a cute little bunny that hops all over the world, or a creepy man size bunny like the ones dressed up at the mall. I figured Kylie would have doubts this year, but after visiting the Easter Bunny cave I guess that answered any questions she may have had. Our traditional Easter morning egg hunt usually consists of finding candy hidden all around the family room, but this year I mixed it up a little. I figured they already got a lot of candy, so instead I filled their baskets with little toys and hid them. The kids woke up that morning all excited to come down to a room covered in candy, and it was so funny to see the expressions on their face when there was a single plastic egg sitting in the middle of the room. Jayden felt jipped and Kylie sat down with a "what now?" look on her face. They decided to forgive the bunny after opening the egg and finding a clue for a treasure hunt. They had fun spending the morning playing with their dollar store toys before they all broke. It was a fun morning hanging out with the family before church, then we had some friends over for dinner that night.

(whoever thought crying could be so cute?)

5 comments:

Janessa said...

I love their reactions to the one egg. That is such a cute idea. The look on Jayden's face as he's looking through his basket is great! Oh the simple joys in life. I'm impressed with Kylie's kit flying skills. Looks like she's got it figured out. That little Maddox is too cute...even when he's crying.

Chelsea said...

haha, love the curlers and I love Maddox eating his chick. Cuteness.

Jodee said...

I hear ya on the dollar store toys, they never last! Good shot of them in their easter outfits, I totally spaced taking pictures of easter outfits!

Jessica 洁玲 said...

i love kylie in curlers and i love maddox's huh, what you lookin' at expression.

Amber! said...

The first and last pictures are priceless!