Friday, January 09, 2009

I Hate Paint



How can anyone pick a paint color off of a 2 square inch piece of paper? I still have yet to see a room turn out the way I had pictured it in my mind. Even if it's a paint color I had seen in someone else's house, it never looks the same when it's in my own. For Christmas I told Kylie that we could re-decorate her room. After spending hours at Home Depot comparing paint chips, we finally picked one. On the way home I almost started crying as it looked brown instead of green in the sunlight. As we started painting it, I would love it one second and absolutely hate it the next. Now that it's done, it changes colors throughout the day. I love the way it looks in this picture, but if you look at it between the hours of 10-4pm then it ranges anywhere from too yellow or too brown or too puke. There's gotta be a better way.

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

hey, it looks perfect to me!! green is one of the hardest paint colors to pick out! you did good.

Janessa said...

I think it looks great! Does Kylie like it? I love that you still have her little dresses hanging up. You do such a great job decorating. You'll definitely have to help me with our new house:)

DAVE AND CANDACE BOLLARD said...

I think it looks great but I hear you with the paint thing. I have such a hard time. I did find the perfect colors for Courtney's room and the nursery though. I will be posting pics of them soon.

Jodee said...

I agree with Chelsea, green is a hard one, there are SO many variations of it! I think it looks quite nice though, I bet Kylie agrees!

Andrea said...

It looks great! I know what you mean about greens - I still don't like the color I chose for Lauren's room, but I'm too afraid of what I will choose next ... This looks like a great green - I might have to camp out and see if it will go in Lauren's room, too.

Bunch of Brooks' said...

I LOVE it! It's an absolutely cute room that would be ANY girls dream room. Good job Jaimie!!

Pays said...

I love it!! Thanks for giving me some great ideas for K's room. I think it looks perfect.

Scott and Nicole said...

i love it, so girlie, that is the same color in my girls room, even the same color bedding. good choices.

Amber! said...

Do those dresses mean anything special? Are they just some old faves? I think they are so cute.
Would you like to hang out in SLC when we get our house? I am in total need of help decorating!!!

The Ayers Family said...

I love it! If it bothers you too much during the day, go buy one of those inexpensive roll-up black out drapes... the natural light won't affect the color~ What color are the light bulbs in her fixtures? That makes a huge impact too!

Jessica 洁玲 said...

i really like the green! KEEP IT!