Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Boys Trip


It's that time again...annual boys snowboarding trip. This time we didn't get completely ditched while he had fun in Utah. Jason got a great deal on tickets flying out of Vegas, so it was cheaper for us to just drive to Vegas and have him fly out from there. I asked him how his trip was and he said it was "awesome", but the only way I could get the real dirt was by eavesdropping when he was talking on the phone to his friends on the way home. There were six of them that went this time and it sounds like they hit the slopes hard, ate lots, laughed lots and slept very little. I sent the camera with him with instructions to take lots of pictures. He comes back with three pictures. All of the same pose. Typical guy. Meanwhile, back in Vegas the kids had fun hanging out with their cousins. Jason's brother went with them (can you guess which one he is in the picture? I'll give you a hint: he's one out of the two chinamen wearing goggles with his mouth open. You would never guess they were brothers) and his wife had an overnight RS retreat thing so I volunteered to stay at their house and watch their kids. I did have my moments when I wondered why the heck I decided to drive 5 hours with a screaming baby just to baby-sit kids, but for the most part it was fun. After the boys got back, my sister-in-law and I snuck away to a late night movie, "Marley and Me" (so cute) and it was nice getting out of the house and spending time with her. We also went to dim sum with Jason's dad (happy Chinese New Year!) where our little nephew totally put down when it came to the chicken feet, it was awesome (and a little nauseating to watch). We squeezed in a couple visists with friends and called it a trip. Even though it took me two days to pack and get ready and two days to unpack, clean the car and do laundry...it was still nice to get away and especially fun for the kids to play with their cousins.

7 comments:

Jodee said...

ahhh, the annual boys trip! Why does that trip always seem to happen but our annual girls trip is like once every 6 years? He deserves it though! Happy Chinese New Year Young family! I am glad that you got to tag along for some fun too.
And I think the chicken feet picture made me throw up in my mouth! Ick!

nicole said...

you sound like you need a vacation after that trip. We'll meet in Florida next weekend. Agreed. By the way, Jonny's asked me to stop doing so many posts complaining about the pugs because he's afraid everyone will think I hate them. But don't worry. they've been up to their usual shinnanigans, including barking all the time, chewing everything up, and attacking anyone who comes to our door :)

Pays said...

Coby is the same way with the camera. True, typical guy. Jason had lots of fresh powder for his snowboarding trip that's for sure. Where did he go? It almost looks like Sundance..I may be wrong though. We have quite a few resorts around here ;)

Angie Whitman said...

You are such a good wifey.:) I'm wondering if having 3 has slowed you down in the post department? How are you adjusting? We need to get all the blogging girls together one of these days very soon and hang out! Thank goodness for these darn blogs or I wouldn't know anything that is going on anymore! (If you haven't seen me at church its because I'm in one room with 10 little ones under the age of 3...you can find me there! hahhahaha

Janessa said...

Chicken feet? Are you serious? Wow. I'm glad you had a fun trip even if it was a lot of work to get ready for and to recover from. I'm sure your kids had a great time with their cousins. Glad Jason had a fun boys trip. I was totally cracking up at the chinamen twinner picture. That is totally a Jason picture face. How funny that Allan has the same picture pose. Glad you guys were able to celebrate Chinese New Year in style.

Amber! said...

I'm surprised Janessa didn't become sick reading about the chicken feet! I did! My hubby does the same with his brothers, they go to St. George for golfing once a year. Good times. I totally need a girly retreat, though! Ya up?

Andi said...

I'm glad you met my dad for lunch. My dad never take us out to dim sum anymore. When I went to Vegas three times last year, he took us to KJ Chinese Restaurant three times in a row! I even hinted to my dad that we have already been there, but he never listens to me.