Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Finally!
In kindergarten they had this poster where kids got to write their name each time they lost a tooth. Kylie was convinced her name would make the list before the end of the school year and she was pretty disappointed when she never joined the elite club. She wiggled her teeth everyday and thought for sure it would happen during the summer before 1st grade. Once that never happened I think she gave up hope of ever losing any teeth. Then last week she discovered that she had a tooth that was barely hanging on a thread. I'm not quite sure why it took so long for her to figure out that it was loose, but she was pretty excited once she did. Kylie is all about the drama, so you can imagine all the tears every time she ate anything (personally, I couldn't wait for it to come out). About a week later when I picked her up from school she had a big toothless grin and proudly told me that she pulled it out by herself at lunch. This is the same girl who told me that she could no longer eat her sandwich at lunch because it hurt her tooth and now she goes and pops that baby out all by herself, go figure. Her cousins were coming the next day so she wrote the tooth fairy a note and asked her to come back the next night so that she could show her tooth to her cousins. The next night the tooth fairy was almost asleep and realized she hadn't done her duty, so she recruited her male helper to do the job. The next morning Kylie was so excited to find a dollar under her pillow, but she couldn't figure out why the tooth fairy didn't take the tooth. I guess the tooth fairy needs to conduct a how-to seminar for her helper.

7 comments:

Cammi said...

HAHA! The tooth fairy came here this week too. She came two days late, without us even writing a note! Luckily Logan is easily sidetracked :-)

Janessa said...

Congrats! That first tooth is so exciting! That's awesome that she even pulled it out herself. I just picture all the drama at eating time (only because I have one that's just like that:) Abby has been very late in loosing her teeth too. As a second grader, she's only lost two on her own (the dentist had to pull two others that wouldn't come out even though the adult teeth were starting to grow in behind them.) That toothless grin is just the cutest thing! Good luck next time to the tooth fairy and her helper:)

Chelsea said...

wow, there must be something in the water, everyone is losing teeth on every blog I check, including my own! our tooth fairy left the tooth also, I thought that was right!? Congrats Kylie!

Angie Whitman said...

Sign me up for the seminar. I might need to take it twice...

Trish said...

Well, the tooth fairy generally brings us gold Sacajawea dollars, but none of us will every forget the time she brought a gold car wash token. Silly fairy. She must be getting blind in her old age.

Bunch of Brooks' said...

The tooth fairy story is so cute! I know OUR tooth fairy has come REALLY close to forgetting to do her job before too! Luckily we have been able to remind her of her duties before it's too late! Based on these other comments, I guess we're all in the same boat!

Jodee said...

yay Kylie! Congrats! I guess the tooth fairy learned her lesson, no more outsourcing!