Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Break

Another fun spring break come and gone. I was worried that I would have a hard time finding things to entertain the kids for the past 2 weeks, but we managed to pack in a lot of fun. The weather has been perfect as usual, so we've been able to enjoy lots of picnics in the park and playing in the backyard. The kids even got brave enough to jump in the pool. The water's still pretty cold, but it didn't stop them from having fun. Some other fun outings were to see "Horton Hears a Who" (totally cute, the kids LOVED it)
Meeting up with Kylie's best friend from school for a park day (thanks Jennie for planning it!)
Meeting up with friends from our old ward for a day of bowling. According to Jayden it was "totally awesome". The kids had a blast and it was fun to try something new. Thanks Andrea! (notice Kylie's crown? Last summer my aunt Angel told her the story of the Princess and the Pea and the other night she was crushed because she had never felt a lump under her bed and was convinced that she must not be a real princess. Much to her excitement, she happened to lay on an Easter egg that I had put under her sheets that night and took it as the sign that she is now an official princess. She wore the crown for 2 days straight, it was cute.) Going to the kids' all-time favorite hangout, "Makutu's Island" with their friends Brayden and Koston. This was the first time that they were old enough to go and explore by themselves with out me chasing them through all of the tunnels. It was kind of nice and kind of sad at the same time. I still did my fair share of tunnel crawling, though and have the sore knees to prove it.
Hanging out with the neighborhood kids riding bikes and playing on the slip-n-slide. The kids were kind of scared of the slip-in-slide. They have no qualms about jumping into a 60 degree pool, but they have issues with a little water splashing in their face, go figure.
We had way too much fun and way too little sleep, and now I am exhausted! I'm already starting to worry about how I'm going to keep these kids entertained all summer long! It will be nice to get back to a schedule, but I'm definately going to miss just hanging out with the kids (and sleeping in!).

2 comments:

Jodee said...

That is classic, I love the princess story! Looks like you guys had no problems keeping busy, what a fun break!

Janessa said...

You are such a fun mom. Always packing in the fun! I love that you still crawled around in the tunnels even though your big kids didn't "need" you to crawl around with them. You are great! I love Kylie's princess convictions. Tell her I think she's a real princess. I have to point out that I'm seeing a new home for your ghetto couches (in case they're still sitting outside). That snazzy thing you're sitting on at the bowling place (I think that's where you're at) is screaming out for the companionship of some purple velour Navajo Indian print couches. I'm tellin' ya, it's a match made in heaven!