Sunday, October 28, 2007

Let the Festivities Begin!



We had a fun Halloween filled weekend which we kicked off with our annual ward trunk or treat. Each year there are always lots of moms that dress up and I think that they look so cute. I'm never creative enough to come up with a costume (or gutsy enough to wear one), but this year I was forced to come up with a costume for the preschool Halloween party. Since I actually had a costume I decided to be brave enough to dress up for the trunk or treat. I went the safe route with the classic black cat. That is what Kylie wanted to be and so we pulled off the whole "mommy cat and baby kitten" look. Jason got home from work just in time to walk out the door, as he saw me come out with my skin tight black pants, cat ears, tail and playboy bunny-ish bowtie (what cat wears a bowtie?) he gave me one of those "are you serious?" looks. It took quite some time to try and convince him that "lots of moms dress up for these things, it will be fun". Finally we arrive to discover that I am only one of THREE moms that dressed up! I knew it was a bad sign as we pulled up and my friend Crystal got all excited because I was dressed the same....as her 1 year old daughter! I also enjoyed the comments like: "I have a costume too, but I wasn't brave enough to wear it tonight". Oh well, it was fun but next year I think I'll keep my black fuzzy tail at home. The kids had alot of fun, though. This was the first year that Kylie was old enough to go off on her own with her friends, it was kind of sad. Jayden was still loyal and hung out with mom and dad. He made a stinkin cute Chinese Captain Jack! I'm always amazed at how much candy we go through at these functions. I bought what I thought was enough candy for the trunk or treat and regular trick or treaters on Halloween, but my whole supply got wiped out and we still ran out early! What a fun night, though, I love seeing my kids get so excited about the holidays.


The next day Kylie went to her friend's costume b-day party at a bowling alley. They had cosmic bowling and it was a total blast. After that we went to a carnival put on by Jason's work. The kids had fun playing on the bouncy slides and running around with the other kids. It was nice to meet Jason's co-workers and put a face to the names. They had some leftover goodies when we were leaving so they were kind enough to hook my kids up with a book of 500 tatoos. What were they thinking?? Now I've got the task of trying to scrub tatoos off every square inch of their bodies before church....oh well, the kids were excited about it. After the carnival we went and checked out a new outdoor mall that just opened near our house. We couldn't ask for more perfect weather as we enjoyed walking around with the kids. They had some acrobat/magicians/circus performers there putting on a show. It was fun to watch and I got a kick out of Jayden, every time this guy did these cool tricks he would turn to me and say "Oh, I can do that too!" Typical male ego. It was a great weekend and we're excited for Halloween!

10 comments:

Michelle Y. said...

You looked so cute at the Halloween trunk or treat. You would think Jason would be thrilled to see you in that tight black cat suit with a "playboy bunny tail" :) The party was so fun yesterday and it was good to see you there. I heard that rubbing alcohol takes tatoos off easily....I loved your dream about my pool. Believe it or not my boys swam in it last night. It was too cold for me, we got a new thermomitor (spell check ?) and it said it was 85 degrees.

Michelle Y. said...

Oh, yeah, I wrote tail instead of bow tie :)

Janessa said...

You look too cute! What a fun mom. Jayden is a rockin' pirate and Kylie is an adorable baby kitten. You just need to convince Jason to join in on the fun next year. That'll be the day! Glad you had a fun pre-halloween bash. Good luck with the tatoos!

Chelsea said...

#1. I love Kylie's Halloween decor! what a sweetie. And I know you werent talking about my house being elaborate, with my $1.97 orange lights! you do have some decked out neighbors though.

#2. I loved your kitty costume, and I was LOL at Jason's reaction!! You would think he would approve! Points to you for dressing up, you fun mom. Next time I will follow your advice & get 12 bags of candy for the Trunk or treat, holy crap, that was CRAZY!

#3. Cute picture of Miss Kylie with my Brayden, thanks for coming! Brayden adores his new pet parrot, and he even named him "Paco." Paco is a part of the family now. He even brought him to Grandmas!

#4. My turn to have Jayden manana, so you can get your clean on! :)

Marisa said...

I am laughing so hard right now at your story about dressing up for the trunk or treat! You're so hilarious. I also agree with you on your above post that over-decorating for Halloween is a bit much. I definitely think you're on to something :-).

Kristin said...

The kids were sooo cute! I think u looked so cute all dressed up...I totally ran out of candy too. What was up with that??? I am so amazed at the amount of kids that were there. It was so much fun.

Rachel said...

You look so cute Jamie! FYI-rubbing alcohol takes the tatoos right off. I found out from a friend after Halle had one for like a week!

foreveryoung said...

Thanks Rachel, I'm beginning to worry that people think I never bathe my kids since I can't get those dang tatoos off!

Suni said...

Cute costumes!! I bet you are down playing your cuteness in your costume.....seriously who doesn't love cat woman?!!!

Jodee said...

I know this is totally late and you may never even read it but I just had to say- props to you for being brave enough to dress up. I had not dressed up since i was in grade school and Ronnie convinced me to do it 2 years ago when we went as Napoleon and Deb. After all the "wow, you really do look like Deb" comments I vowed never to wear another halloween costume as long as I live! Do I really? Anyway, I know your pain!
I love all the pictures, so cute! And is Kylie really wearing a tank top in November! Wow!