Sunday, January 03, 2016

Seven


It's always hard watching this one grow up. I wish I could have frozen him in time at 4 years old, wearing fake mustaches so that nobody will "neckonize" him and making craft projects out of toilet paper rolls, toothpicks and anything he could find laying around. He really was so fun as a toddler, but I'm finding the joy in seeing him grow up into an amazing young man. He still has a heart of gold, is so generous and willing to share all that he has. He is so so good to Ryder and would do anything for him.  He still holds me on a pedestal, one that many times I am not worthy to stand on. He works hard at school and is learning to read like a champ. He learned to tie his shoes and makes his bed every single morning. And then makes Ryder's bed too. I love this boy with all my heart and am so blessed to be his mom. Happy birthday, Maddox! He is sentimental and requests the same rainbow pancakes year after year. He also requested that we hide his presents so that he can have a scavenger hunt to find them. He loves making a big deal about every day things, and I love that about him. He picked out Halloween cookies to take to his class then I checked him out of school for lunch at Burger King. He wore his Bart Simpson watch that he got in the kids meal for 2 months straight before it finally broke. He wore it all day and all night until he developed a rash on his wrist, boy did he love that watch. For dinner he requested all his favorites: strawberries, mashed potatoes, macaroni & cheese, quesadillas and grilled cheese sandwiches. I think he likes cheese. We made it fancy with candle light and bite sized pieces on toothpicks. He loves when things are fancy and attention is put into the details. He also picked out a cake from the store. His only request for the past year was to have a store bought cake because they're fancy. This year we've given the kids the choice of a birthday party with friends or they can have the money we would have spent on the party. I don't know if that's the best idea we've ever had, or if it means we're bad parents, but so far they've all chosen the money and it has made my life so much easier! But we're grateful for a day to celebrate this boy that we all love so much!








No comments: