Saturday, January 09, 2016

Losing the wheels


This bike is on it's third life. We were outside laughing about how those training wheels aren't doing much good now that they're worn down to little nubs.  


Jason asked Ryder if he wanted to just take them off. I ran inside to grab the camera to document another milestone giving way to the fact that my baby can no longer be called a baby. By the time I got back out he had already done an entire lap around the cul de sac with a grin that stretched from ear to ear. There was no learning curve whatsoever, just a boy, a bike and the open road. 




I made them re-enact the scene again the next day when it was better light. Because, ya know, this monumental moment deserves shots that aren't blurry. So proud of my big boy! Now stop growing up so fast...





1 comment:

Janessa said...

Dang girl, you've been a busy beaver with the blog! Way to go!! I'm so impressed with Ryder's bike riding skills. I guess he was well named :) But seriously, those "training wheels" weren't doing a thing. He's been riding on his own for a while now. Haha! Great shots, blurry and all!!