Monday, October 07, 2013

Sunny days, sweepin the clouds away....

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways... 1. those windows 2. that sun 3. the bouquet of daffodils the kids are constantly picking for me from the garden, no matter how many times I tell them not to, but I just can't be mad (especially when Maddox tapes the stems together like the ones they sell at the store) 4. the soap from my friends, I think of them with every squirt 5. the sunflower plant from Maddox's preschool which to this date has survived longer than any other seedling in our family history of preschool seedlings. I see a bright future ahead. 6. the picnic bag that I received at my bridal shower that has lasted longer and has gotten more use than any lingerie, all loaded up and ready to go.  This is what the beginning of a perfect day looks like.


On tap for today was the BMX bike park. It was legit. They hold nationals here so it's not your typical granny's bike track. And when tires were popped and knees were scraped, they moved on to racing abandoned wheels down the track and building forts in the trees.  While they were wrapped up in their imaginations and disappeared for hours, I was left lying on a blanket in the sun sharing stories with Julie and watching Ryder go up and down the same little hill with the same little smile.  And everything was right in the world.















2 comments:

Jodee said...

That IS the perfect start. Love those windows too! And that skate park looks pretty awesome, especially with FRIENDS!!!!

Janessa said...

I totally recognized that picnic bag! Glad it's serving you well on the other side of the world! (Hope you found room to pack some lingerie too. I'm sure you did:) That looks like an awesome skate park! I love the serious look on Jayden's face! I think we have the same little green four wheeler. I'll think of Ryder now when I see Cannon on it! And yay for the sunshine!