Sunday, September 28, 2008

A New Favorite

I had heard about the little workshops that they do at Lowe's (I think Home Depot does them too), but I had never taken the kids until my friend convinced us to go and now we're hooked! They're twice a month with different projects each time. The kids get a little apron, these ever-so-attractive safety goggles and then some quality time hammering their little hearts out. The best part is that it's free, just register on-line to reserve your space (https://www.lowesbuildandgrow.com/). The only problem is trying to find a place to store all of these little treasures, oh well, the kids love it and they've already got a countdown going until the next project. Jason took them yesterday while I went to my last spin class. It's so weird getting down to "the lasts" before the baby comes. I think the instructor will be glad I'm not going anymore, she's a nervous wreck each time I go (she always points the fan directly at me, brings extra water bottles just for me and asks me like 10 times if I'm okay). She's so worried that I'm going to go into labor during her class, but little does she know, that's the reason I keep going and unfortunately it didn't work any magic. I also had one last girls night this past weekend and my last meal of mexican food. I'm swearing off all mexican food until post-delivery in an effort to avoid any emberassing moments on the delivery table. I also drove my last week of carpool, taught my last YW lesson and I'm hoping today was my last day at church since next week is conference. I'm just getting so excited, it's all I think about (could you tell?)!

19 comments:

nicole said...

I CANNOT believe you have been doing spin classes while you're nine months pregnant. you are my hero! and good call on the mexican food. no one told me that you lose completely all control down there when you get the epideral and I had some major embarassing moments.

kristina said...

Your amazing- still doing spin classes 9 months pregnant!! Thanks for all you do in YW's. I hope your little one comes soon and all goes well. It is sooo hard the last couple weeks! All you can think about is holding a new baby and NOT being pregnant anymore!!

Chelsea said...

you bring working out during pregnancy to a whole new level. Dang! I'm bummed, Kosty and Bray would have loved to make a pirate ship! I will have to sign them up, fun!

Jessica said...

jamie! good luck with the baby birthing. that sounds really weird...but yeah...i hope everything goes well. i'm excited to meet the newest young!

Janessa said...

I die doing spin class when I'm NOT pregnant! How the heck have you not gone into labor yet?! I love the extra TLC you get from the spin teacher. That's so sweet! I can't believe all the lasts you've crossed off your list. It's getting so close!!! I can't wait to see little Maddox (LOVE the name! Am I spelling it right?) Cute little pirate ships. That's so neat that Lowe's does that. We'll have to see if ours does it too.

Pays said...

I have heard about the classes at Lowes. I need to take Brayden, he would love it! Good luck on your final days!!!

The Ayers Family said...

You're Wonder Woman! I think I'm going to sign up for spin classes! Good luck with delivery!

Nichols Family said...

I'm glad Trent saw you at spin class...maybe he'll stay motivated if a 9 month pregnant girl can do it! Lowe's huh? That looks fun! I'll have to check in to that! Oh ha ha, that's so funny that Jayden is hoping for more than one baby to come out! You never know....????

Heidi Ann said...

You've definitely put in your pregnant time and deserve a nice rest! I'm so impressed you still excercie, perhaps that's why you look SO good!

Pam Jorgensen said...

You go spinning girl!! I wish I would go...

Have fun with the birth!!

Unknown said...

Speaking of Lasts, its the last time you will be a sane mom - three took me over the edge!

JK - Its gonna be a peice of cake.

Jodee said...

That looks like fun! My kids would love that! I will have to check it out. oh, and thanks for the info. Nicole... that is my worst fear!

Michelle Y. said...

I am so excited for you! You seriously look 7 months pregnant! You should be a pregnancy model. I hope you call me when you have him. I am going to CA next week so if you have him please call my cell...or I will call you since I know you are going to be so busy. I am defietely bringing you a meal. I can't wait to hold your little man!

Shanen said...

It will be here before you know it. I am sure you are well prepared. We love going to Lowes. We try to get there once a month but it is hard with soccer now.
Spin classes?? that cracks me up. No wonder why the instructor was so nervous.

Jessica said...

jamie! you've inspired me. i started up a new blog.

brazenasian.blogspot.com

i think this one should last longer.

also i was wondering if you could invite me as jess-sheba@hotmail.com to this blog so i don't have to switch accounts to view your blog? whenever you get the chance i know things are probably CRAZY!

Cammi said...

Jamie - you look awesome, and spinning classes? Wow.

That little boy will be here so soon! If it's any consolation, going from two to three kids was so easy for us. I am sure Kylie and Jayden will be excellent helpers.

Thanks for the reminder on the Lowe's classes. We will definitely be signing up for those.

I can't wait to hear the news that the baby has arrived! Good luck. It will all go great, I'm sure.

Suni said...

Ok explain to me how you do the spinning class....I can handle the spinning its my butt on the seat that I can't handle, it hurts so bad, it makes my mind crazy....how do you do it??!!

Tiffany said...

I can't believe how close you are to D-day! Good luck!

Marisa said...

THanks for the heads up! I am so going to check those classes out. I bet your kids love them!! yay for getting down to the "lasts" before you are outnumbered :-)