Tuesday, September 23, 2008

37 Weeks

Uggg. These last couple of weeks are the worst. I can't sleep, my ribs are killing me, my feet are swollen and sore by the end of the day, the heart burn is getting really old, I pee every half hour....but the good news is, I'm almost done! (Yes, I realize that I am beyond the cute pregnant stage, so I apologize in advance for the bare belly shot). We're beyond excited to meet this little guy, but I'm also starting to get a little anxiety. I can't believe how much our life is going to change in just a couple of weeks, I'm getting scared for the delivery and I also realized that there is still so much I need to do:
-decide on a name
-buy a new carseat (and stroller?)
-get my nursing herbs and prescription (I really hope it works this time!)
-buy diapers and wipes
-get out all the baby gear and clean it
-buy batteries for the swing and bouncer
-I still want to recover the crib bumper and make a new bed skirt and do something cute with the nursery
-go on one last date night
-pack the hospital bag
-set up the cradle
-blah, blah, blah
I was a little sad when I realized that yesterday was my last day in pretty much forever to have complete freedom without any kids since it is early out this Thursday and fall break starts next week. You would think I would spend my last day out shopping, going to lunch or something fun. But no, I spent it cleaning. What was I thinking? I had my appointment today and I'm dialated to a 2 and 80% effaced. I know that doesn't mean a whole lot, but atleast it's progress! He's going to strip my membranes next week and I'm already scared because I still remember how bad it hurts. The kids are getting excited too, although I think Kylie is just as excited for me to be done with the pregnancy after hearing me complain so much. The other day we were playing and I had to take a break because I was getting a sharp pain in my stomach. While I was laying down, Kylie set up a bed on the floor with cushions and made me a tray with snacks and stuffed animals. She also wrote me this note: "Dear Mom I hope that the baby will come soon I wish that you will be normal again". How funny and sad, I can't wait to be "normal" again too! Jayden is keeping his fingers crossed that more than one baby will come out. After he was determined that I needed to have atleast 5 babies come out I asked him why and he said, "so that there will be lots of people to help me clean up my toys". Not bad logic for a 4 year old.

17 comments:

Chris and Sally said...

What are nursing herbs? Should I know about them?
I am very excited for you to have your third. I feel like my third has been my easiest. I think I am used to kids and craziness and she has just fit in perfectly. I am so much more laid back this time around and I'm having so much fun. You're going to love it.

Janessa said...

Wahoo on the bare belly shot!!! There is no way I'm going to be posting a 30 anything week shot with my bare belly. You look very pregnant but so great! You also look tired and ready to have this baby but I don't blame you. Those last few weeks are the worst! I wish I was there to massage your belly pains and play with your kids so you can rest. This is killing me! We definitely have to live closer then this someday. I love Kylie's note. Oh, to be normal again! I'm glad she's taking such good care of you. Hang in there! You're doing great!

Chelsea said...

Ooh a bare belly this time! You are all baby, girl. I am so excited to get the phone call! I am so thinking you will go early, you are progressively dialating, so that is good. Let me help you while you get some last minute baby stuff done!! you need a day of shopping!

nicole said...

Jamie - you look adorable! quit cleaning and go lay on the couch with a good book :)

Shanen said...

Oh my goodness you are getting so close. The last few weeks are always the hardest. Don't worry about getting it all done now. Once you have this little guy, the kids will go back to school, and you will have some time while your little guys is sleeping =) Just rest for now.

ann said...

The countdown begins! I hope evrything goes well, and that you have awesome nurses (so important). Enjoy number 3, it's been so fun for us!

Jodee said...

AAAHHHH!!! Does that baby counter thingy say 19 more days? Holy Crap! The first few months seemed like they took forever but these last few have gone so quick! For me that is, I know you probably want to slap me right now- Sorry! Anyway, you are completely adorable, totally prepared, and gonna pop that baby out in no time at all! No worries Jame! All you need now is your BB to come and chat with you in the mothers lounge and talk about how little milk we produce. Here's to Nursing herbs! Cheers! Love ya!

Pays said...

It can totally be overwhelming, can't it? You look great! You are almost there. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has problems with nursing, NIGHTMARE! Good luck with everything. We will be thinking about you guys.

Hollie Hanson said...

I love the things kids say. SO funny! You look great! I wish I looked that good now and I am only 20 weeks! ROFL. I can't wait to see picts of your new lil guy. Take it easy and good luck!

Selena said...

Jamie! Good luck! I'll have my fingers crossed that you can accomplish some of your to do list in between taking some naps on the couch! and btw, you are a pretty cute pregnant woman!

Angie Whitman said...

You are far along!! I am never that far...anytime now! I thought maybe their was news when you hadn't posted in a week!:) Can't wait for you to have this baby! What a great time to have a baby!:)

Suni said...

How exciting!! You need to stop cleaning and kick up your feet and relax a little before baby #3. That is too funny what your kids said!!

Marisa said...

What are you talking about---you are SO a cute pregnant person. I can't believe how good you look and you're totally at the end. At this point I want to hide out at my house because every part of me (even my nose) is so swollen. You look amazing!! Good luck getting all those last minute baby stuff done :-)

Rohm Family said...

You're almost done! It seems like your pregnancy went by so fast! Don't worry about the delivary- it will be fine, number three just slides right out :) I still don't feel normal- do we ever feel completly normal after babies?? Love the belly shot- you are brave- but very cute too :)

Heidi Ann said...

You look SO good. I know, I know, you don't think so but you really look great! I can't believe he's just about here, time flies! Let me know when he comes, I'd love to help in any way I can!!!

Michelle Y. said...

My third baby has been my easiest so I hope it is the same way for you...they just seem to learn to go with the flow a little easier. Good luck!

Andrea said...

Wow! You look great! I think I used Blessed Thistle and a couple other herbs that worked miracles! I hope it works for you! Let me know if you need help with kids or help getting ready for baby! :) I remember leaving my kids in the middle of the night at your house! You are always welcome here - or I could camp out there in the middle of the night if need be!
This is so exciting!!!!!!Baby 3!!!